Quest Nutrition Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Review

Quest Nutrition Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Review

(https://www.stack3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-quest-cookie.jpg[/img)]

Taste

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip – The original quest Peanut Butter cookie was one of my least favorite of their protein cookies. The peanut butter flavor is bold and vastly improved in the creaminess associated with it. The salty aftertaste helps enhance the dense peanut butter flavor to make this so much better then the past. The added chocolate chips provide a rich semi-sweet flavor that goes hand in hand to compliment the peanut butter base.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can tell these are baked cookies. Most protein cookies on the market are glorified circular protein bars. These have a different texture and feel to them to resemble a real cookie. What I do like is they are a bit rougher then most cookies, which you can puncture with your hand. This gives you the chew of a true cookie while not being hard as a rock like some protein bars can be. The texture is just right to give you the best replication of a cookie.

Formula

13g Fat
21g Carbs
16g Protein
11g Fiber

Milk protein isolate and whey protein isolate. The inclusion of butter may turn some people off, but this helps the texture and consistency of the product. The soluble corn fiber (when quest made the change to use this in their bars) won some customers and lost some. I find these cookies settle much easier then a lot of their protein bars do. The best part is there is only 1g of sugar in the cookies.

Cost

You can get a box of 12 cookies for around $20-24 depending on the website and sale being ran at the time. If you are a cookie fan this is good alternative to buying the real thing. I personally enjoy the texture compared to most cookies from other companies on the market. The flavoring is good, and the price is reasonable.

1 Like

Dang - need to pick one up and give it a go. Still haven’t had the cookies yet.

The cookies are pretty good. Def way better than the bars in my opinion. While the bars have way more flavors (obviously), the cookies settle on my stomach a lot better.

1g of sugar in the cookies helps, and a whole lot less fiber.

Man, the fiber in those bars (other brands that use it as well) really screws with me something fierce. Something barely the size of my palm shouldn’t blow me up like a balloon :joy:

2 Likes

Bingo. This is why i like the MTS bars the best. No fake fibers, glycerin etc… settles very easy.

Yes, agreed on this 110%. Sometimes it’s nice to not look like I’m 36 weeks pregnant

2 Likes