Quest Maple Waffle Protein Bar Review

Quest Nutrition Maple Waffle Protein Bar Review

Taste

Maple Waffle – Going into this bar I expected it to carry over a lot of similarities from the Quest Waffle Cereal Bar. After taking a few bites this was almost an identical replica of that bar just in a harder shell not made of cereal or krispies. The maple flavor is dominant as the syrup is a faint aftertaste. The maple was distinct in each and every bite, but it needed to be enhanced to make it truly stick out. Replicating a breakfast dessert such as a maple waffle would take a lot of calories and a higher caloric content, but for 200 calories Quest did a good job… I personally rank this one down the list of quest bars I have had, but your mileage may vary.

Texture

Out of the wrapper you can notice the bar has the usual quest bar texture with the added flakiness from the mix-ins included inside and outside of the bar. Since quest moved back to the OG Formulation the bar is much softer then the previous corn syrup model. Not to mention these digest much easier and are not hard as rocks.

Formula

6g Fat
24g Carbs
20g Protein
16g Fiber

Quest went back to their original formula. Not only has this pleased a large portion of the quest community, but the general supplement consumer as a whole. It makes them digest easier (for myself) and many others. This is a unique flavor that you do not see much of on the market, and they did a good job when you try and manipulate syrup into a protein bar.

Cost

Quest retails for about 24$ making it right around 2$ a bar. If you were to buy a single bar off the main quest website it would be around 2.39$ per bar. Buying in bulk saves you around 40 cents a bar, but all in all if on sale its pretty cost effective for 12 bars for around 20$. When you factor in flavor, and factor in good calories for less than 200 calories a bar it’s a pretty nice convenient investment. Keep an eye out because you can see box’s drop as cheap as $14-16 which is a great time to stock up.

Top 10 Quest Rankings

1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
  2. Cookies & Cream
  3. Mocha Chocolate Chip
  4. Blueberry Muffin
  5. Apple Pie
  6. Double Chocolate Chunk
  7. Chocolate Brownie
  8. Chocolate Peanut Butter
  9. Cinnamon Roll
  10. White Chocolate Raspberry
4 Likes

I loved that flavor of the cereal bars. May need to purchase!!

@Matt_Towson you in?

It has a very faint syrup flavor, and the maple just is not strong enough. You will get a bit of a caramel artificial aftertaste that is unpleasant.

Honestly it should be a called a laffy taffy toffee bar if anything. The maple and syrup is far from what is marketing on the label.

Same - quest cereal bars were great.

I’ll pick some of the new flavors up!

Tried it today, disagree with you on this one. I thought it was pretty good, very unique flavor

Gonna have to disagree on this one, this bar was pretty good, and.I usually don’t like quest bars. It’s a nice surprise

This is exactly what I was hoping for. Love me some maple flavor!!!

1 Like

I also like this bar. Very maple and the gooey parts are both annoying yet tasty surprise. No complaints here - fiance also agrees.

1 Like