Outbreak Nutrition BUILD: Muscle-Builder of the Apocalypse

Originally published at: Outbreak Nutrition BUILD: Muscle-Builder of the Apocalypse

Outbreak Nutrition – the alternative-reality themed brand of the 2044 nuclear winter – doesn’t do things by the book. When it comes to muscle building supplements, they’ve skipped the whole “creatine + betaine + carnitine” stack for muscle growth and recovery (for the time being, at least), going right to… …(Read more on the PricePlow Blog)

It seems like a good formula, but as with most phosphoric acid supplements the ingredients drive the price up so much that its not worth it for most people.

For the Ursolic acid I think going with Hi-tech/blackstone’s Recomp RX would be a better option, since it has a delivery system to combat the bioavailablity.

The pomegranate extract seems like a good idea, but it seems you can get it in a bulk 250 gram package for 22$. Alternatively Ep1louge has 150 mg of a 99% urolithin B extract among its other ingredients.

Laxogenin to me seems like something that is mainly worth running on a cycle, where its effects can shine, otherwise its like only running growth hormone. Its just not that impressive on its own.

AstraGin I have no problems with.

Overall it looks like a good attempt that’s let down by the 2.50 a day price and how there are more advanced formulas out there.

I don’t think phosphoric acid is worth including in products at its current price, it looks like a
pretty good ingredient, but everyone who makes a PA product ends up having to discontinue it because no one wants to spend several dollars a day on something that is just “pretty good”.

1 Like

In the Urolithin B section, I think there’s an error with one of the citations.

While all of these findings are incredibly encouraging, another study notes that while urolithin B has shown these effects in animals, “scientific evidence lacks for use as nutraceuticals in humans.” [21]

The cited study is https://faseb.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1096/fj.11-181271 which does not mention urolithin B nor does it include the quotation about use as nutraceuticals in humans. I believe this citation was intended for the laxogenin section that follows, where it’s cited as well, and that a different citation was intended, but missed, in the urolithin B section.