Olympus LyfeStyle Promises Protein Reviews

Olympus Lyfestyle Promises Protein Review

Taste

Fruity Cereal - Upon the first sip, this flavor packs a punch. The company was going for the leftover milk in a bowl of fruit loops. While this is true to its name the sweetness may be overbearing for some. Any cereal lovers who want to replicate a cereal into a protein powder would have no time going through a tub of this. I have a vicious sweet tooth, so therefore I would recommend this one, but it is not for everyone. The Mix-In inclusions are not large, but big enough to truly stand out and give the flavor extra crunch!

Mixability

Promises Protein mixes very similar to Superior Protein off the Olympus Labs line. The protein blend does not leave clumps on the side of a shaker cup, or in a ninja blender. My sweet spot with the protein is around 6-8oz per scoop. I find this has a nice texture and mouthfeel when consuming the protein powder. I also enjoy mixing 1-2 scoops in water or yogurt to make a protein pudding. Both ways have no mixing issues. I will start to experiment with baking shortly, but blends have always treated me well in that situation.

Formula

Per Scoop:
130 Calories
1g Fat
4-6g Carbs
25-26g Protein

11g WPI
5.5g WPC
6g Casein
2g WPH
Digestive Enzyme

Pro’s

• Great Flavoring
  • Low Caloric Count Per Scoop
  • Mix-in Inclusions
  • Digestive Enzymes Added
  • BSCG Certificate (Free of Banned Substances, drug testing security to professionals across WADA, Sports, and multiple workplace drug testing programs)

Bob,

Is this the same Superior Protein rebranded or no? T

Taste is much better IMO

Super Protein = WPC and Casein, 100mg Digezyme … ~23g Protein
Promises = WPC, WPI, WPH, and Casein, 150mg Digezyme ~25g Protein

I have tried all the Superior Protein flavors and Promises is a next step up in flavoring.
Superior Protein had mini marshmallows not pieces of cereal (Fruit Loops)
Superior Protein had more of a trix vibe, Promises is pure Fruit Loops

Olympus Lyfestyle Promises Cinna Cereal Protein Review

Taste

Cinna Cereal – Cinna Cereal is a spin-off Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal. The initial flavoring is heavy in cinnamon. but in the aftertaste, you get a luscious sugar vibe that resembles condensed milk of leftover cereal. The combination of cinnamon and sugar gives this a unique twist of my childhood favorite cereal. The biggest difference compared to others on the market is the density of the flavor.If you want rich-flavored cinnamon (not sweet cinnamon sugar), this is the choice for you. The added crunchy mix-ins give this an added benefit to those who like inclusions.

Mixability

Promises Protein mixes very similar to Superior Protein off the Olympus Labs line. The protein blend does not leave clumps on the side of a shaker cup, or in a ninja blender. My sweet spot with the protein is around 6-8oz per scoop. I find this has a nice texture and mouth feel when consuming the protein powder. I also enjoy mixing 1-2 scoops in water or yogurt to make a protein pudding. Both ways have no mixing issues. I will start to experiment with baking shortly, but blends have always treated me well in that situation.

Formula

Per Scoop:
130 Calories
1g Fat
4-6g Carbs
25-26g Protein

11g WPI
5.5g WPC
6g Casein
2g WPH
Digestive Enzyme

Pro’s

• Great Flavoring
  • Mix-in Inclusions
  • BSCG Certificate (Free of Banned Substances, drug testing security to professionals across WADA, Sports, and multiple workplace drug testing programs)
1 Like

Olympus Lyfestyle Promises Protein Review

Taste

PB Crunch – Just like Cinna Cereal and Fruity Cereal the density of the base flavor shines for Olympus Lyfestyle. The peanut butter lingers on your taste buds. Many companies provide a light peanut butter flavor that fades quickly, but that is not the case here. If I were to nitpick I would like a denser pure peanut butter flavor and an extra hint of saltiness to truly make this flavor pop. While this flavor is good, this is the least favorite of the 3 flavors on the Promises line.

Mixability
Promises Protein mixes very similar to Superior Protein off the Olympus Labs line. The protein blend does not leave clumps on the side of a shaker cup, or in a ninja blender. My sweet spot with the protein is around 6-8oz per scoop. I find this has a nice texture and mouth feel when consuming the protein powder. I also enjoy mixing 1-2 scoops in water or yogurt to make a protein pudding. Both ways have no mixing issues. I will start to experiment with baking shortly, but blends have always treated me well in that situation.

Formula

Per Scoop:
130 Calories
1g Fat
4-6g Carbs
25-26g Protein

11g WPI
5.5g WPC
6g Casein
2g WPH
Digestive Enzyme

Pro’s

• Great Flavoring
  • Mix-in Inclusions

Nice review. Tastewise, how would you compare these to Ghost’s Fruity/Cinnamon/PB Cereal Milk proteins?

I stated that in the videos
Fruity is a true Fruit Loops + Mix-ins, Ghost is like a trix and no mix-ins. Different
Cinnamon this has more density then Ghost + Promises has mix-ins of cinnamon toast crunch
PB Cereal Milk and PB Crunch are different since this is not a PB Captain Crunch knock off. This is a pure based Peanut Butter similar to an Iso100 IMO… Personally my least favorite of the 3 is the PB Crunch

1. Fruity Cereal
  2. Cinna Cerael
  3. PB Crunch
1 Like

Maybe a ranking vs similar flavored brands would be helpful for those looking for a comparison.

You could compare a dozen cinnamon proteins, just like you could compare a dozen different PB Based proteins. They all vary in density, flavor, and how they are structured. At this point you are nitpicking based off my taste buds and preferences, and we all have different taste palates.

Some People love X or Y Protein and others don’t care for it. I have heard tons of people who love Ghost Cinnamon Cereal, and some say its too strong. Same with PES and their snickerdoodle.

For example, if we try and compare the Promises Cinna Cereal to other great cinnamon proteins you have a list of just these off the top of my head (and maybe more)

Ghost Cinnamon Cereal Milk
Promises Cinna Cereal
PES SnickerDoodle
Sparta Cinna Crunch
Quest Cinnamon Crunch
Iso100 Cinnamon Roll
Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl
MuscleTech Cinnamon Swirl
Isolicious Cinnamon Toast Crunch knockoff
1st Phorm Level 1 Cinnamon
XF 2.0 Cinnamon Roll
Syntha 6 Cinnamon Bun

All of them have a lot of overlapping properties, and after 3 or so minutes people lose attention on videos. This is why I try to keep them short and to the point. If it stretched to 10-15-20 minutes people just don’t care to watch them.

Agree that people have short attention spans , so a top 3 would suffice. You’ve obviously tried quite a few, but which would be the three that you would buy.

Do you like mix-ins?
If you don’t then Promises is out because they have bite size CTC Chunks

Top 3:

Promises (Pure Rich cinnamon + Mix-ins)
Ghost Cinnamon Cereal (Heavier cinnamon + spices and flavor density)
Sparta Cinna Crunch (Very well balanced)

Runner Up →
Quest or Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl

1 Like

I do, if they enhance the taste. But thanks for this, now you’re providing some perspective.

1 Like

I would recommend Precision Protein, Cinnamon Cereal flavor. I loved it. Buttery and cinnamon elements.

Good flavor but doesn’t fall into my top 5
Goes to show how everyone has a different preference

Yep. And I would rank it as my #1 cinnamon flavored protein.

I have yet to try Ghost Snickerdoodle, so maybe that’ll shake up my flavor ranks for cinnamon.