NMN, FDA, and the Supplement Industry's Fight for Its Life

Originally published at: NMN, FDA, and the Supplement Industry’s Fight for Its Life

Background: A battle is brewing between the dietary supplement industry and the FDA. It’s over the legal status of an ingredient known as NMN, a natural vitamin with powerful anti-aging potential. After a company followed the guidelines to get NMN acknowledged as a legal dietary ingredient, the FDA has gone… …(Read more on the PricePlow Blog)

Mike Roberto’s excellent compendium of recent FDA events clarifies that seniors, as well as those who envision themselves as future active and healthy seniors, must take political action to defend their opportunities for a longer and healthier life through NMN. As an active 80-year-old who increasingly began to experience age-related health challenges, I decided to incorporate NMN into my regimen under medical supervision. I’m happy to report that after seven-plus months, the results have greatly exceeded expectations. Most astonishingly has been a reversal of hearing loss, dramatic improvement in range of motion of the joints, and a noticeable slowing of other age-related conditions as well as a boost to overall health.

It’s imperative for consumers to advocate for unimpeded access to existing NMN supplements while concurrent drug trials go forward. No person or entity, regardless of intentions, should be able to curtail purchase of NMN or enable monopolistic control over it, as Mr. Roberto astutely observes. As we navigate this election year in the United States, it’s timely to raise public awareness of the issue, especially given that the two candidates, both seniors, are vying once again for the presidency.

Signed

John M.