New supplement thread

New Gaspari product is having some very cool flavors being tested.

I’d like to try the airhead “mystery” flavor MAN Iso-Amino, never got a chance previously

2 Likes

Looks like its being ranked by flavor.

I haven’t had nearly as many but I really want to buy some of controlled lab’s snickerdoodle protein when I get the money, that one was good.

Kinda scary when someone asks “Top overall whey protein, top isolate, top casein/slower digesting protein” and someone starts listing for just flavors.

5 Likes

You just want a list made entirely of your products :stuck_out_tongue: .

I think this stems from a question about ‘best tasting’ proteins.

And the reality is that if you are consuming Protein shakes at a rate of a couple of day - and if Protein is seen as a food source…then yes taste absolutely counts…

Not true at all. While ours are definitely the purest, PES now lists WPC80 on their labels, Redcon shows high purity if you look at their protein ratio, and Ghost even has a panel to disclose doses of protein types.

When i see “best overall protein” or a variation of that, I would imagine more than just taste would be accounted for.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think the list is flavor-only as we were just discussing the best tasting rather than best profiles, etc.

1 Like

I mean hell…back in the day Muscle Milk tasted outstanding…

1 Like

Whatever happened to CnC Precision protein?

Back in 2005 - that strawberry muscle milk was the GOAT. With milk, It tasted like a strawberry Frappuccino from Starbucks!

1 Like

I miss the dangerous levels of toxic heavy metals.

The cadmium added so much flavor. :cry:

2 Likes

I used to mix MM Cookies and Cream with Orange Gatorade…Tasted like a tootsie roll…

1 Like

Hahaha. I was 14 and didn’t even know how to read a nutrition label. I just remember it tasted good and my coach said to buy it. Lol. Drinking that much fat/sugar in a shake now would make me so freaking fat.

1 Like

Also yeah, as a broke-ass student who’s been surviving for 12 days on $20, a large part of my diet is protein shakes and bars (gotten on a sale, they’re like 20 cents per “meal,” if that). And so taste absolutely matters to me. I’ll drink something I paid for even if I hate it (here’s to you, toothpaste-tasting-ass chocolate mint MyProtein), but if I can buy something yummy instead, I will.

2 Likes

I’m lucky to have a pretty good metabolism…And do not eat as much as I should…so I don’t mind…but as I advance in age…

1 Like

Yeah - I think flavor deserves a category, but it should definitely have a disclaimer. Hah.

Long story short… was released prematurely. Should be back soon, I’m excited to try it! I’ve had some good CnC protein powders through the years.

1 Like

I got bummed after I entered the Facebook giveaway and then the flavor didn’t come out. : (

Just bought 4lbs for $30 - I’ll give you a heads up after I try it.

I hear ya, bummer all around. I’ll see what I can do for PP forum members once it’s re-released