New supplement thread

Can you highlight a portion I misinterpreted? I’m always the first one to admit I’m not a chemist and I could get something wrong.

Here are the exact quotes:

1:
An analysis of the studies in this area indicates that endurance athletes intending to hyperhydrate with glycerol should ingest glycerol 1.2 g/kg BW in 26 mL/kg BW of fluid over a period of 60 minutes, 30 minutes prior to exercise.

180lbs = 81.81kg
81.81kg x 1.2g = 98.172g

2:
However, ingesting glycerol 0.125 g/kg BW in a volume equal to 5 mL/kg BW during exercise will delay dehydration, while adding glycerol 1.0 g/kg BW to each 1.5 L of fluid consumed following exercise will accelerate the restoration of plasma volume.

180lbs = 81.81kg
81.81kg x .125g = 10.22g

So even if the only reason you’re taking Glycerol is to “delay dehydration” you’re still going to need a far bigger dose than being provided by any dietary supplement on the market today.

1-5g of glycerol doesn’t do ANYTHING outside of dat dere placebo.

It’s funny to read that Vaughn considering I mentioned it’s need for much higher amounts on BB.com for sometime and was met with lol wtf yeah right shit

You’re dead on correct

Oh I wasn’t questioning you, that was me just being curious. That just sounds like an absurd amount to ingest is all

It’s a crap ton for sure.

That’s super interesting. I’ve never personally noticed anything from glycerol, but my style of training isn’t conducive to pumps anyway, so I figured that was the issue.

(I also don’t seem to notice anything from Vaso6)

I used to be a big proponent of glycerol, but until there’s a study that shows it does anything whatsoever in the doses most commonly seen…it’s just n=1 anecdotal BS

CANDY CORN flavored SNS Focus XT coming soon!!!

I’m the outlier here…I do not like Candy Corn…Do they have Nestle Crunch flavor? Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

I don’t either, but that doesn’t stop me from eating half a pound at a time. It’s weirdly addictive to me. One of those flavors I need to keep eating to “try to figure out”.

I’m insanely excited for this.

2 Likes

I love candy corn but hopefully they don’t mess it up lol

It I received Candy Corn at Halloween it was set aside…But again that’s just me

i once had a candy corn scented candle, love the stuff… and i dont know why

H-A-T-E-RRRRRRRRRRRR!!! For the record, I really hate this whole “does this sentence have a complete body” :expressionless:

1 Like

They claim to have. The issue is that a lot of candy corn’s ‘weirdness’ is in the texture… this could actually be a supplement where you want some grittiness or thickness. Like by what you’d get by adding some 65% glycerol (lol oh no I said the G-word in this thread!)

Excited to see how they do it

Wouldn’t that equate to a candle that smells like a candle…? Candy corn to me is just wax…

1 Like

Yeah that’s a hell no to a candy corn flavor

1 Like

Candy Corn M&M’s and the Hershey bar are MONEY

1 Like

Candy corn is the GOAT Halloween treat, second only to Reeses pumpkins.

I’ve always hated candy corn. Not for me!

2 Likes