New supplement thread

Thanks man. I follow them all - just didn’t know if I missed it somewhere!

1 Like

Did they drop the label/supp facts yet?

That Peach Ghost Gamer is money. More like peach juice vs candy peach. Very refreshing and gets better as you drink it. Product itself is a little gritty actually, but still enjoyable.

Nope on either. If they did I would have posted it
Maybe Mike or Ben have it at PP Since they got samples and are awaiting for the green light to post it.

1 Like

Interested to see label for the Gamer but I’m ready for disappointment. I swear most of these people making gaming supps are not gamers and they think 250mg + of caffeine is a good idea

Just give us some nicely dosed nootropics, a moderate dose of caffeine and make it taste great.

1 Like

I would hardly call a nootropic a disappointment for having 250mg caffeine. I get that it may be offputting for some, but it’s hardly an obscene dose, or an illogical dose IMO.

I actually made a post about various doses of caffeine and cognition not too long ago:

In short:

-For subjects (undergrad students) who regularly consumed very little caffeine, 200mg was superior to 400mg for improving vigilance and executive control of visual attention, but for subjects who regularly consumed higher amounts of caffeine, caffeine only enhanced vigilance and executive control of visual attention at 400mg, not at 200mg. So I’d hardly say that 250mg is an illogical or bad dose of caffeine for cognitive benefits. Maybe not for everyone, but hardly something I can say is an inherent no-go or bad decision.

Edit: I’d also think that, perhaps, people buying a dedicated “gaming” supplement may not be taking a PWO either, so we here on the PricePlow forum, which is a lot of lifters, may think of ADDING that 250mg on top of our PWOs and whatnot, when most gamers probably wouldn’t be using any PWOs, and this ~250mg may replace coffee, energy drinks, soda, etc, and perhaps be a bit higher in terms of caffeine content than those, but may actually be a cleaner energy due to the addition of things like theanine. Just my $0.02.

Agreed. As a gamer, 250mg is like, the minimum for me to actually “feel” anything.

It has nothing to do with the fact I don’t feel the caffeine. It’s when I’m sitting still gaming I don’t want to be over caffeinated, plain and simple.
I might drink 300 mg of caffeine over the course of a night of gaming but I don’t want it all in one dose. I want to spread it out through the night.

Give me a supplement that provides good focus. That will be beneficial for gamers.

Might be better off drinking a c4 carbonated smart energy and popping some Alpha GPC Caps

Right now my go to is a C4 Smart Energy and a serving of Mayne Brain
Amazing focus with just the right amount of stimulants

1 Like

Ordering Electric Sour here soon, that flavor is calling my name!

You are gonna love it dude
Honestly my favorite flavor of any RTD we make
Followed closely by Orange Slice

1 Like

To each his own, but I just showed you some research suggesting that many people may need more than 200mg caffeine to observe benefits related to enhanced vigilance and executive control of visual attention, which I’d say are pretty useful for gamers. Pair it with some theanine and some other nootropics, and a lot of people won’t find it overstimulating. But YYMV. Some people can nap after 400mg, and some get jittery after 150. There is no one-size-fits-all answer here really. As long as they dose the non-stimulant ingredients properly, and they’re effective ingredients, the more options we have on the market to choose from as consumers, the better. We can then pick based on our caffeine tolerance and preference for various other ingredients too. Sure, in theory you can add a caffeine tablet to anything, but lets be honest; most people aren’t going to want to combine more than one supplement at at time really.

The formula is solid and I enjoyed using it. I’m sure we’ll all come to our conclusions once the formula is released, but it is certainly better than the majority of all gaming products out there imo.

Obviously, it won’t be like the lines of amphetamine I took when I was in my early twenties playing CoD MW2, but for a nootropic supplement, I’m willing to bet most of us will enjoy it.

1 Like

Some of the most popular gaming drinks are drinks such as Bawls, Jolt, Mtn Dew, and Red Bull’s

Most gamers are drinking these through out the night. So I’m sorry but a supplement with 300 mg of caffeine or more is a horrible idea geared towards gamers.
If they want to go that route they should make it 2 scoops is equal to a serving or something similar,

Most popular =/= most effective. Not by a long shot. Again, to each his own. I don’t know why you’re making it sound like your preferred approach is irrefutably the optimal one. There are actual studies showing that 200mg may not be sufficient to get cognitive benefits from caffeine, so that alone is one pretty decent justification to use >200mg caffeine for cognitive benefits. Just because YOU don’t prefer it that way doesn’t mean it’s a “horrible idea.”

Also, if we’re talking “drinking throughout the night,” I don’t think that’s how any of these gaming/nootropic supplements are intended to be taken, frankly. Or at least it’s not how they SHOULD be taken for maximal benefits. At least not if the research/studies on literally all of the ingredients are any indication. This includes the nooLVL ingredient with the study specifically on gamers; they took the supplement pre-gaming, not intra-gaming. Just like a PWO shouldn’t be sipped on throughout the workout, a gaming supplement shouldn’t be sipped on throughout the gaming session for optimal benefits.

But, again, to each his own, and YMMV. I just don’t think it’s fair, or accurate, so suggest that your preferred option is the only one, or that >250mg is a “horrible idea” for gamers…

I mean, i disagree strongly. Gamers generally tend to be stim fiends-- the stereotype of chasing 50mg of adderall with a jumbo Monster isn’t terribly inaccurate.

1 Like

Especially for competitive gamers; you’re going to want to ensure that you’re optimizing your performance during your event/competition. This would be achieved by taking a bolus dose of nootropics, not by sipping on them over hours. Maybe you take a second bolus dose after a few to several hours if the event is that long, but sipping over several hours is not the optimal dosing scheme for nootropics IMO, just as it’s not the optimal dosing scheme for PWOs.

1 Like

Random question, but has anyone been having trouble receiving samples that are offered through priceplow? I still have yet to receive any of them…still waiting on the Orange Dream Nutrabio sample and Innovapharm. :unamused:

2 Likes

Realtalk i won like 3-4 PP giveaways back in the day and never got any of them. It was through the companies so i don’t blame PP itself but boy did it leave a sour taste in my mouth