Hyde Power Potion Berry Colada (Vibes)

ProSupps Hyde Power Potion Vibes (Berry Colada) Review

Taste

Vibes (Berry Colada) – This is a Vitamin Shoppe exclusive flavor in collaboration with DJ Khaled. Just like all of the Hyde flavors they are far sweeter compared to their competition with favors a stronger carbonation. On the first sip you get a blend of strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry. Once the aftertaste kicks in you taste the enhanced sweetness, which propels the berry flavors. On a warm summer afternoon this is an incredibly refreshing drink that packs a punch. Given I have a sweet tooth this hit the spot and is their #1 flavor in my opinion. The way each flavor compliments each other is great, and none of them overpower each other.

Formula

The Formula is very identical to its main competitor VPX Bang. Both energy drinks contain BCAA’s, Taurine, Vitamin B6/B12, and COQ10.
Power Potion Has:
350mg Caffeine (Stim)
LCLT β†’ Enhance Recovery
Choline β†’ Nootropic (To help prolong caffeine half life)
Citrulline β†’ Help with Pump and preventing lactic acid build up

Cost
This is an exclusive to VS; therefore you will only be able to get it there. The prices are a bit high ($2.50/Can), or $35/Case. . Given it is an exclusive I had to pick up a few cans to try out. Given this is one of their best flavors I would pay for this once in a blue moon, but would rather pay $1.44/Can or $21.60/Case and save myself some good money if stocking up or buying in bulk.

Stim
With a 50mg difference in stims (300 in Bang vs 350 in Hyde Power Potion) there is a difference, but that is mostly due to the nootropics. The additions of teacrine and choline, helps smooth out and prolong the energy drink. The best part is I never got any jitters, which can be an issue with high-stimulated products. Given my schedule of waking up at 3:30 AM, or being up until 2 A.M. these provide the strongest amount of energy compared to any of its competition.

[color=blue] Comparison of Top Selling Energy Drinks [/color]
Bang β†’ Stronger Carbonation, BCAA, Creatine, COQ10, B12, B6, Taurine, 300mg Caffeine

Hyde β†’ Less Carbonation, Sweeter Taste, 350mg Caffeine, LCLT (recovery), Citrulline (Pump), Teacrine & Choline (Nootropics)

Cellucor Energy Drink β†’ Moderate Carbonation, bold flavors, No artificial colors/dyes (Purple Frost), Blend of Beta-Alanine (Endurance), Betaine (Performance), Citrulline (Pump/ Prevent Lactic Acid Build Up)

If you favor energy and focus β†’ Hyde
If you favor flavor β†’ Bang
If you favor Performance and a good tasting product β†’ C4 Energy Drinks

Ranking of Flavors for Hyde Power Potion

1.Berry Colada
2.Sinister Citrus
3.Pineapple Cooler
4.Purple Mist
5. Winter Blast
6. Island Punch
7. Cherry Cola

2 Likes

I can’t argue with anyone that has Sinister citrus and berry colada as 1 and 2, any order. I like coconut but in the colada it gets in the way of the berry flavors for me… Makes citrus my #1, reminds me of Mountain Dew. Always appreciative of your reviews Bob.

2 Likes

nice detailed review, i’ll pick one up my next trip to VS.

1 Like

You sleep 1 hour and 30 mins per night? Hardcore man

Some morning i am up for work at 3:30 and at work by 4 AM those nights I try to get to bed before 11-12
Tonight for example I will be out till 2 AM, so maybe I can sleep till 5 AM tomorrow before working 9-7.
I am a very light sleeper by nature, so I am lucky to get more then 4-5 hours a night if that.

work schedule is all over the place which does not help either.