Ghost Whey Chips Ahoy Review

Ghost Chips Ahoy Whey Review

Taste

Chips Ahoy – Have you ever grew up and dunked chips ahoy cookies in milk? Guess what that is exactly what this protein powder tastes like. The collaboration with Chips Ahoy is spot on to the name of the protein powder. There are small bits of chips ahoy cookies that are covered in chocolate throughout the whey. Not only is the buttery undertone of a fresh cookie embraced in every sip, but the true flavor of a cookie is noted from the very first sip all the way through the aftertaste. This is my new favorite Ghost Whey Flavor and a complete game changer.

Mixability

I mixed this protein shake with 1 Scoop of the Whey and 4-6oz of cashew milk. This mixed with ease. There was no clumping left in the shake as the powder started to mix hitting the liquid.

When mixed in Greek yogurt (plain) I also found it to mix with ease. There are also no issues when utilized in baking. I find it to help the final product rise very well and make an incredible baked good.

Rankings

1. Chips Ahoy

2. Blueberry Toaster Pastry

3. Cinnamon Cereal Milk

4. Peanut Butter Cereal Milk

5. SnickerDoodle

6. Coffee Ice Cream

7. Fruity Cereal Milk

8. Coconut Ice Cream

9. Cereal Milk

10. White Chocolate Peppermint Bark

11. Milk Chocolate

Formula

Per Scoop:

3g Fat

6g Carbs

25g Protein

What you have to love about Ghost is the open-label on the whey protein. The only other added ingredients are cellulose and xanthan gum + Sucralose as the sweetener. There is nothing hidden in here. With a very basic formula, the greatest inclusion is a Ghost Enzyme to help breakdown the way for those who may have a slight lactose problem. This will settle very easy and sit well for almost all consumers.

14.53g from WPI

13.15g From WPC

2.98g from Hydro WPI

Cost

$39.99 on their main webpage, but you can always find a 20% off coupon. If you have coupons to the 3-letter store you can always get the added discount if you want to shop local. For the price of the open-label and flavoring, it is more of a unique buy. Think of something you can use on occasion, but maybe a touch too expensive to use on a daily basis. Most people are geared to cost-effective whey/whey blends on the market. My best piece of advice is you could half the dosage on the ghost whey and pair with a vanilla protein powder to get the enhancement of the Ghost flavoring.

4 Likes

Nice review Bob

1 Like

Yup…picking this up tmrw, thank you for this!

1 Like

I bit on this, don’t let me down @TheSolution

Grabbed 2 more tubs today for $51 shipped

It’s that good

Lol that’s where I got it too

For anyone who wants to try, GNC is doing a BOGO 50% off for the new Chips a Hoy Whey. 2 tubs for $60.

1 Like

$51 ^^ and free shipping.

Even better! I missed out on $9 savings!

1 Like

That would be 2 Starbucks drinks…

2 Likes

Code?

1 Like

Have you tried the vegan protein from Ghost? If so, where do those rank?

Not a fan of the Vegan PB Cereal Milk TBH.
Nutrex Vegan IMO is far better. ( i had 3 samples of each nutrex flavor) I would go cinnamon cookies and german chocolate as my top 2

2 Likes

$49 + Free Ship

1 Like

GNC15OFFCART takes an additional 15 % off the bogo 50

3 Likes

Hah. I get Americanos, so it’s more like 4-5 drinks for me!

1 Like

Finally was able to grab a couple tubs of this from the Ghost website. I am pleased with the taste and experience. It is basically crumbled up chips ahoy in a glass of milk. I used whole milk for my shake and have not tried anything else yet. I’m happy with the combo. I haven’t had the JYM cookie crumble protein in a quite a while, but that was the closest experience I’ve had with a true cookie taste / experience.

This is a chew your way through protein - not a chug it down type of thing. Just a heads up for those who like to make quick work of their shakes.

Great dessert protein - thank you Ghost!

2 Likes

I wanted to update my review a little bit. It seems that all the cookie pieces were sitting towards the top. After my first few shakes, the pieces got more and more scarce. They are less cookie and more chocolate chip pieces now. I tried shaking up the tub, but it didn’t help too much. I’m not sure if they add the cookie pieces after the protein powder has filled or if it is all from the same place. I’m going to guess that they are added and supposed to settle a little better. I’m going to shake my second tub up good before I open it.

2 Likes