Gaspari Proven Egg Richie's Peanut Butter Cup

Gaspari Proven Egg Richie’s Peanut Butter Cup

https://youtu.be/CG4hd8S_6tY

Taste:

Gaspari really perfected the milk chocolate flavor as you have seen in my previous review on Proven Egg. The peanut butter flavor is on point with a welcoming dense and creamy addition, but it’s doesn’t carry enough weight to complement their chocolate. I would state this is a 70/30 ratio of chocolate to peanut butter. If Gaspari touched up the amount of peanut butter offered in their protein it would improve the balance between the two flavors. One other thing I will nitpick is I enjoy salty peanut butter. Salt helps enhance the flavor, which could be a vital aspect of amplifying the base flavor. For an egg protein, this is as good as it gets for a Reees knockoff.

Mixability:

Gaspari Proven Egg mixes on the thick side due to being an egg protein powder. This is typical for other companies that manufacture egg protein. I would consider adding 6-8oz per scoop to find a good powder/liquid ratio. Some may prefer upward to 12-14 if you enjoy a thin protein shake. This is fantastic when mixed with yogurt to make a protein pudding. That is my number one way to use this product for a sludge-like consistency.

Formula:

Per Scoop:

110 Calories

0g Fat

1g Carbs

25g Protein

Per Scoop:

110 Calories

0g Fat

1g Carbs

25g Protein

Ingredients:

egg white

sunflower lecithin

natural cocoa and chocolate flavor

Peanut Flour

Stevia Extract

@Dougefresh93

1 Like

I’ll need to pick this up at some point – nice review.

My recommendation WRT to needing more salt:

• Take a sharpie
  • Write “add a bit of salt” on the lid
  • Follow said instructions upon use.
  • Enjoy

This is me nitpicking. A good peanut butter thrives with a salty compliment (IMO). Ever read the side of a jar of Natural peanut butter? It is PB and Salt. Salt is known to enhance flavoring. To some they may disagree, but as you know taste is subjective.

Stay tuned because I am about to bake up a storm with this stuff.

Salt also enhances sweetness and blocks bitterness for chocolate.

1 Like

Another reason why the ratio is PB Dominant here , and the chocolate is the backend.
None the less it is just my perspective. Others may find it different.