FORUM GIVEAWAY 1: To the Early Adopters!

excellent forum guys. designed very well. Just an idea to create a forum tab on the price plow web site where we can log in. I didn’t see one there, only the blog?

1 Like

Yeah that’s coming. The forum isn’t 100% open yet.

My first concern was to get the old blog comments re-integrated into the blog. It was a bad idea to simply remove all that content without having a replacement soon enough.

So to do that, I needed to get this up, even if in private mode. Then work out the details, automation, and marketing side of everything else.

Once we’re 100% open to the public and automated with Deals and YouTubes, we’ll have more links around town.

4 Likes

excellent …

First got hooked in by the youtube channel. Now I’m always on here as well checking out the deals and Blog. Love all the content brother keep it up!

1 Like

Registered and ready to go!
I’m excited for these forums. After a few years on bodybuilding.com, although I still enjoy my time there, it’s going to be nice seeing less/no shilling or censorship in the form of being a company representative and being unable to tell the truth at times, about competing/inferior products.

Thanks!! This is what makes all that work by @CJ worth it! The honest truth is that YouTube has been “negative ROI” from a financial standpoint (although it’s fun as hell)… until one day it won’t be! Long-term gains will be worth it. And again, it’s fun. Today’s video was one of the best ever.

This is something we’ll obviously need to stay on top of. I’ve avoided going out of my way to invite many brands just yet - it’s been more about the users and the stores.

But eventually the reps will come in force, so we’ll need to figure a good system out.

I touch on it in the Mission Statement. It’ll come down to balance.

BBcom is amazing, but they’re owned by a corporation who doesn’t want to take crazy risks. They also don’t like people talking about products not sold there (this may have changed a bit recently). We’re more neutral – there’s almost no brand we can’t list here, we just gotta find a store to get em listed at, even if it’s Amazon/Walmart/Jet/eBay.

We also don’t hold inventory, so we can focus more on content and tech and less on physical goods. There won’t be any idiots selling prescription drugs out of our warehouse because… we don’t have a warehouse!

4 Likes

Awesome forum guys, a bit different than most! I’m still trying to get familiar with the setup! Looking forward to being part of the forum! Thanks for the invite!

2 Likes

Good to be on the forum! Hope there’s an app underway!

1 Like

I agree with @TheMovement, even if it’s a basic app. That would be great. Are there any restrictions to just supplements? Or can there be discussions on “banned” DMAA, Prohormones, Steroids, Training Programs, Peptides, etc?

1 Like

@mike anyway i can change the SN?

1 Like

I would think DMAA would be ok as it’s found on many storefronts. Also has been extensively covered on the site.

Research chems, sarms, and ph supplements are def a grey area though.

1 Like

Yeah PM me with that you want. Yours was auto-generated from Disqus transition I think.

Not in progress yet but it’s on the radar.

This forum software has an app we can whitelabel as our own. So what would be best is to have one app with both the forum AND prices + notifications.

We’re soon at the point where this can happen. Need to tie a few things together better so they can be packaged in a non-messy way.

6 Likes

That’s sounds awesome!!!

Love the layout of this forum so far

2 Likes

Will definitely be posting some reviews on here for suuuure hahaha

Priceplow team keep up the good work, y’all are awesome!

1 Like

This is great…but when is the promised Canadian discount products coming up?

Not sure I follow? Do you need more Canadian companies involved?

1 Like

Haha, no worries. A year or 2 ago I asked about having Canadian supplement sites for the products you recommend on the website, because most of the supplement sites you have do not ship to Canada, or charge extremely high for shipping to Canada.
I was just wondering if this is still in the process.

2 Likes

Ahhh, I see. Yeah it’s not currently on the roadmap, but I’d obviously like to get it done.

What are the top Canadian online supplement stores you’d want to get price-checked up there?

1 Like