Favorite Pre-workout of 2017....so far

I have Kraken ordered. I can’t wait to try it.

First time I ever used it, I was practically skipping around with joy from the Eria Jarensis. Immediately was hooked.

I loved kraken, made me feel stronger than just about anything else I’ve tried. The problem I had, is the caffeine was a little low for me. Since I’ve been working 12 hour night shifts, 200mg just wasn’t waking me up, despite the massive doses of DMHA and Eria. I worked up to 2 1/2 scoops, maxed out at a little less than 3 scoops, but that started getting uncomfortable. I do not recommend that. For me, I’ve been choosing higher caffeine preworkouts since then, but if you sleep fine, it should be fantastic!

I also work 12hr. shifts and don’t double on the pre’s. I supplement with Bang’s or my favorite Double Tap by Red Con1.

That was at Natural Body Inc during their black friday/cyber monday sale.

Sup bro

Honestly, I haven’t been too interested in that one. It uses less effective forms of choline and tyrosine, which is fine if the rest of the formula is good. I’m not usually a fan of taurine preworkout. As far as stims, there’s 400mg total caffeine, from all those sources in a 500mg blend. Considering the majority of them have such a low caffeine yield, it’s probably 90% anhydrous and the rest is likely barely noticeable. I do like higenamine, not sure about hordenine but I’m sure it’s fine. However, halostachine is probably useless. I’ve never read anything positive about it, and it could even be counterproductive as I remember.

Edit: found a source

“As is clearly demonstrated in the pharmacodynamic study above, halostachine has almost no ability to activate the beta2 receptor and is therefore extremely dissimilar to ephedrine. Since it has almost no capacity to induce cAMP elevation it has no purpose in a fat-loss formula, nor any supplement due to its extremely rapid metabolism. Similarly, since it is a partial-agonist, it will actually decrease adrenergic signaling in the presence of endogenous epinephrine, or exogenous ephedrine.”

1 Like

Simply to revisit this:

Redcon1 Total War - really big fan. My only concern is when the DMAA goes away…will it be the same?

Legion Pulse - as mentioned in a prior post - I like how simple and consistent it is.

HyperMax - For some reason I just cannot get past the taste (tropical splash)

The new Total War is probably going to be awesome. They’re upping the Eria Jarensis, and the yohimbine a little bit (if sensitive to yohim’ that might be a problem). One thing i’ve noticed is I used to crash hard from DMHA/Eria combined, but Eria by itself, I have awesome mood lifts/energy/focus. I used to think the crash in mood/energy was due to the Eria, but I believe it was because of DMHA used in conjunction.

2 Likes

Kraken was it for me in 2017, but we’ll see how things shake up this year. I also liked CT Fletchers Sidewalk Kraka, but the taste was awful.

2 Likes

You aren’t lying…Sidewalk Cracka made me want to throat punch a knife, but the endurance was nice

Really? I don’t mind the taste of sidewalk kraka. Not a big fan, but definitely tolerable.

I’m not sure which flavor you had, but the fruit punch has to be one of the worst tasting supps of all time. I still have an unopened Kompton candy, haven’t talked myself into trying it.

Yikes. Compton candy was my least favorite. Blue ras and fruit punch were okay, but not good. I had watermelon most recently, which is normally my least favorite flavor. It actually was the least bad to me. Didn’t have that bite the others the did. The flavor seemed to mask the best.

i received a tub of the new APS Mesomorph w/ Senegalia from a friend from Hi-Tech. Used it 3 times thus far and have liked it. I’ll give further feedback with further use.

So far I’ve noticed good energy + mood boost which feels like more of a “natural mood boost” rather than the drug-like feeling from DMHA/Eria combo.

That’s the best I can explain it

3 Likes

That’s a pretty good way to explain it though. Eria by itself is a very good mood boost, but not to the extent of calling it “drug like” feeling. Haven’t tried he new mesomorph and honestly I’m a little hesitant of the IsoPro-synephrine

I haven’t looked into the isopropyl whatever stuff yet, but so far, I haven’t been convinced regular synephrine will do a whole lot.

There’s been some mixed reviews on it so far

I wish I’d stocked up on OG Mesomorph before the DMAA ban. Still have three tubs of OG Kraken.

So far our take is that it might be better in a thermogenic fat burner.

Crazy tough to replace DMAA, as we’ve seen the past 6 years… We’ll be putting together an article about the 2018 stim race soon, but Hi-Tech will apparently have like 3 different horses in the race.

1 Like