DF -- Xtend Elite BCAA Review

Thank you to @stad0203 and @TeamCellucor for running these giveaways on this forum.

My tub of Xtend showed up last night and I will be using it over the next few days to complete this review.

I received the Sour Gummy flavor, which will be interesting because of the 2g of Peak O2 in this formula.

As for the formula, it is top notch as we have come to expect from the pioneer of BCAAs.

7g of BCAAs (2:1:1 ratio)

2.5g Glutamine (Most commonly associated with recovery and gut health)

2g Peak O2 (Clinical dose but an ingredient that the body needs to reach saturation for the full effects to be felt)

1.6 g Beta Alanine (Another saturation ingredient like Peak O2 and often in other supplements like pre-workouts at doses ranging from 1.6g to 4.8g. Each scoop of this gets you closer to that saturation point and/or helps keep you topped off.)

1.14g Electrolytes (Hydration, cramp prevention, an absolute must for people who sweat heavily (like myself) and/or live in hot or humid climates.)

1g Citrulline Nitrate (NO3-T) (Commonly part of pre-workouts in their pump complexes. Never going to complain about some extra citrulline and especially some extra nitrates from NO3-T)

20 servings per tub – typically found for between $22 and $28

30 servings per tub – typically found for between $45 to $47

More to come…

4 Likes

@Devin_Foley

Can’t wait to hear what you think!

1 Like

Awesome start

2 Likes

Mixed up my first scoop last night during evening cardio.

As you can see, the end product does not produce the most appetizing color of green but I don’t really care about that…just an observation.

Mixed with ~12 ounces of water and some ice cubes (Instructions advise one scoop in 10-14 ounces of water).

Mixability: Fair. Very little foam as you can see, nothing that stuck to the sides or lid of the shaker but I did have a good amount of sediment at the bottom of the shaker when left to sit. Not a big deal, just give it a quick shake before drinking, which is natural for me anyways.

Taste: This was the biggest disappointment for me. The flavor did not have any type of sour or gummy/candy taste to it. It was actually quite bland with a tad bit of earthiness to it (likely some of the Peak O2 showing through). This caught me by surprise as I have known Xtend to be excellent at producing flavors that match what the tub says. In the end, it was drinkable but not something I would recommend to others as a first choice, especially if they are new to supplements and flavor is a huge priority for them.

Effects: Will report more on this after a few more uses. No side effects or stomach upset from last night. Got through my cardio without issue. A little sore this morning but that is expected after the last three days of lifting.

3 Likes

Love the honest feedback Devin!

I would agree the PeakO2 does overpower some of that flavor profile.

2 Likes

Have used a few more scoops of the supplement and have just decided to water the flavor down to help with the earthiness that is so concentrated when using less water.

I’ve been doing one scoop is 24-32 ounces of water and it adds a nice bit of flavoring to the water that helps me finish the entire bottle.

Effects have been noticeable, probably more so because I have used these scoops in a fasted state during weights or during cardio. Nice boost of energy to complete the activity and recover for the next day. Looking forward to the benefits of PeakO2 as I use more scoops.

Nothing negative to report from the usage. I would say outside of the lackluster flavoring, this is a great amino supplement option, especially for the advanced or experienced lifter. For someone new to training, I would probably recommend starting off with the original Xtend BCAA or Xtend Perfect 10, mainly for the flavor and they might not be knowledgeable about the effects to expect from the bonus ingredients.

4 Likes