DaSlays Log of Samples

I swore I tried the other sample I had of this a year or so ago and loved it. Today, NOPE. Huge burst of energy and borderline that cracked out feeling. Almost made not feel well in the gym. Afterwards, holy crash! I know they have since changed the formula, but I am done with it. The slogan is Destroy Every Workout, well it almost did destroy my workout and in the bad way!

I tried the Cocoa Nut Exo Cricket Protein Bar. Great texture, felt like a sturdy bar, but did not care for the taste of it one bit.

Started my run of Proven Joint today, more to follow on that. One comment though is it has a very very rough smell once you open the bottle and the pills are large. Tastes fine though (swallowing it i mean). If it works, whatever.

1 Like

I had read/heard that you/we should be very careful when it comes to samples. Companies will pixie (or is it fairy) dust samples to increase their potency with the goal of getting you to buy the full tub.

2 Likes

Yeah that reads/sounds about right! I am pretty much getting to the point where I will only take samples of brands that are respected or that I trust. A lot seems to be a waste of time, but I do love samples at times too! SO i dunno!

1 Like

Sending you a brand new fuel flavor to review sir!

1 Like

Oh thank you buddy! Now that is a brand and man I trust! Perfect example!

First and foremost, thank you to @TheSolution for the hookup as always. I love getting to be one of the first to try these new flavors, it is a good time. CP has been killing it with their new fuel flavors and old ones too! So lets discuss the new Fruit by the Scoop flavor…

The timing was great, to come home to a package from Bob after a very long week (being in Crisis Management at a bank during this Iran crisis makes for long days), so a pick me up as needed. I finished up my shake in about 3 gulps and let each one marinate a bit to see which flavors were standing out the most for me.

At first I thought the flavor was just okay, not overly impressed and it had a very basic cherry / strawberry taste to it. Second gulp a minute or so later, I had huge cherry notes come out and it caught my attention. The final and third gulp, the Cherry stayed dominant for me, and I swear at times it had that Fruit Roll-up or Fruit by the Foot type taste. Remember that little gritty taste based off the texture? Yeah they somehow mimic’d that here, and I found I really did enjoy this one. A pretty great flavor, but not CP Fuels best in my opinion compared to their others. I wasn’t really expecting anything but was surprised at how dark the color was, which is fine. As usual no issues on mixability.

My current rank of CP Fuel flavors of the ones I have tried

1. Pink Burst (Still the best)
  2. Peach Rings
  3. Fruit by the Scoop
  4. Sour Watermelon Wedges
  5. Strawberry Kiwi

Thanks again Bob, I truly appreciate you! Overall guys this is a great flavor and I am going to guess a lot of you willl disagree with my thoughts on this, but thats what makes supplements so fun!

Do you ever use it as a pre? Asking for a friend

I have in the past, but no not normally. Not enough pep but a perfect thing to drink to get that nice energy going in the afternoon!

1 Like

Exactly
40-50 cents a serving beats any regular RTD you would pickup or buy at a convenience store

I sell this to doctors like water since they are lazy and walk into the local gas station everyday and drop $2.50-$3 on a can

A tub of fuel saves them over $10 a week
Add that up over a year makes a big difference

For the flavoring and energy it gives you it works very well to be a great everyday get me up for “Fuel”

Did you pickup any watermelon or blue raspberry on the back end in the flavor?

2 Likes

This. The White Monster style flavor, when mixed with cold water, is 100% an “equivalently enjoyable” replacement for a White Monster that costs >4x the price. It’s not intended to be an uber-tier PWO or nootropic, but the insane flavors make it actually enjoyable to drink, even for normal people, not just supplement users, who often have a different bar for what a “good” supplement tastes like.

2 Likes

A hint of blue raspberry but no watermelon. It was a fairly complex flavor and I am guessing everyone is going to have a different note that stands out. Curious to read more reviews on it. But yet again CP manages to make an awesome flavor different from their others. Well done

1 Like

It amazes me that people will pay 4x the money for something that comes pre mixed in a can or bottle simply because they don’t want to carry around a shaker cup or water bottle with a tub of powder to mix.

Convenience is one thing but damn…wasting possibly hundreds/a thousand dollars a year while many of the same people don’t have a $500 emergency fund :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Devin,
I feel like a beat myself up trying to explain that to a T LOL
You nailed it

2 Likes

My only counter is, we’re assuming all things are equal.

For example, the dude who doesn’t go out and spend money on food every day can counter the “wasted” money. My point is, I love a carbonated beverage, so I do drink a white monster 5xs a week. But I also am frugile in other areas - so I don’t view it as wasted money.

(Also, 24 pack of White Monster on Amazon is only $30.00 - so the price per serving drops immensely and becomes competitive compared to Fuel)

I’m not knocking the concept - I love it. Another consideration is the volume. 1 serv if Fuel = 8-10oz. A monster and most RTDs are 16oz. I enjoy more “drink” to drink, so this is a solid consideration for me as well.

Fuel White Frost is awesome, but you can’t replicate carbonation from a powder that you shake. Maybe trying it with one of those “at-home” soda makers…that’d be a cool experiment.

To each their own.

4 Likes

Hmm, I can give this a shot later today or tmrw. If i need an afternoon pick me up I will just carbonate some water with the Soda Stream and I can use either Pink Burst or Sour Watermelon Wedges Fuel. Not quite what you are looking for, but I have not drank a white monster nor tried that flavor of Fuel, but can get the idea!

1 Like

The White Frost is a carbonated powder, while its not as strong carbonation as a can it is noticeable.

1 Like

I would be all in on this if it works!

I have one of those. Adding bcaas to it, or even just 500mg of tyrosine seems to rid the water of its carbonation. Not completely, but noticeably

Got an amazing care package from @Devin_Foley today! Thank you so much brother, and I will definitely be posting my thoughts here on these as I try them out.

1 Like

That’s a Genius move right there

3 Likes