Cellucor C4 Shot Rocks Review

The guys at Cellucor were nice enough to send me a free box of 12 tubes of Shot Rocks. Here are some pictures

So as you might imagine, this is supposed to resemble pop rocks. When I poured them into my hand, I could already hear them popping. I used them for a pretty intense fasted 50 minute cardio workout include HIIT and a 2 mile run. When I poured the tube into my mouth, I did not expect the large volume of shot rocks to almost fill up my mouth. The word “shot” is in the name so I didn’t hesitate to pour the entire thing in my mouth. There was definitely a lot of popping going on. The taste was a little bit of a letdown. I’ve tried many different Cellucor supplements and the flavoring is always very strong. Upon seeing the classic bright blue of the Icy Blue Razz, I was expecting a lot of flavor. This wasn’t the case. I’ve tried the C4 Icy Blue Razz, and the flavor intensity was about half of that. It was not bad, just duller. I think the BA tingles after about 20 minutes. One thing that I worried about after dumping the tube in my mouth was the shot rocks getting stuck in my teeth. Surprisingly this wasn’t the case. There were just a little clumps I had to pry away with my tongue, nothing major.

The effects were very good. I felt the stimulation come on in about 10 minutes. I definitely would want to be active after taking this, not something I would want to take for a desk job. It worked out great for my cardio. It would also be good for doing a bunch of yard work or running around with your kids. I felt a good stimulation for at least 4 hours. I can tell you the effects are better than just a caffeine tab because I had one later in the day :slight_smile: The Huperzine A must give it a little extra kick.

For the educated supplement user, the Citrulline and Tyrosine are pretty much window dressing. They are not really going to provide much benefit. Luckily, I have bulk Citrulline. I’ll stack this, Shot Rocks, and some extra caffeine for a really good PWO.

Overall, I think this is a solid energy supplement that compliments the C4 line nicely. Like I said, I was a little let down by the taste. Amazon has a box for 35.99 - pretty expensive. But this is something you’re not going to use daily. I see this being used once a week or something just to use in a pinch. So even though there isn’t much value, I can see why it costs so much.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed and honest review.
Glad you enjoyed these.

I just reread my review. I inadvertently said it tasted bad. I meant to say it did not taste bad, just duller. I edited it.

I was curious when you said it was bad at first but I know everyone has different taste buds.
I personally thought these taste almost just like candy.