Winner later today!

3 Likes

Oh man!!! Iā€™m waiting Iā€™m waiting :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

And hereā€™s the board.

3 Likes

Those are all the rage it seems now. Looks delicious

2 Likes

Iā€™m no mere trend chaser! I do one every year.

2 Likes

Can we get the recipe? Iā€™m a sucker for Mac and cheese

2 Likes

Looking good.

1 Like

Who(but the lactose intolerant) could shy away from some of the Mac?

2 Likes

Sure thing. The core recipe revolves around 1:1:1 by weight, dried pasta to evaporated milk to cheese. Hereā€™s what i did today to elevate, because CHRISTMAS.

Start by melting about 3 tablespoons of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add 3-4 slices of prosciutto, and fry until crispy. Take the pan off the heat, remove the prosciutto, and chop or crumble it into small pieces. Dump a bunch of panko breadcrumbs into the butter, add the prosciutto bits, stir, and return to medium heat, and fry, stirring frequently, until the breadcrumbs are brown and toasted.

THEN, cook a pound of dried pasta per instructions, and drain. Add 2 cups (16 oz, 1 pound) of evaporated milk, and put back on the hot (but off) burner. Add 1/4 pound of American cheeseā€“not Kraft singles, the stuff you get from the deli counter. Stir until melted. Then add 1/4 pound each of shredded Fontina, aged Gouda, and very sharp cheddar, bit by bit. Stir until melted, turning back onto low heat if necessary. Add probably half a cup of your porky breadcrumb topping, stir it in, and serve. Over each serving, sprinkle more breadcrumb topping.

Seriously something ethereal. You can get all those cheeses from the deli of a ā€œfancierā€ grocery store like Publix.

3 Likes

As an aside, you can just keep it simple and do just like 1:1:1 pasta:evaporated milk:cheddar for any given weeknight, comes together in literally under 15 minutes. Just donā€™t use pre-shredded cheese, itā€™s coated in starch which fucks up the texture of mac n cheese.

2 Likes

Awesome!! Thanks so much for typing that all out. Will definitely give it a try in the near future

3 Likes

@Caribou

For that recipe you are the winner!

Email me your flavor choice and shipping info, astevens@cellucor.com

Thanks everyone for joining in, Merry Christmas

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you so much! Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas bro.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas. Yeah he did take effort to list that whole thing out. :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

1 Like

Try the black berry smart. Thatā€™s what I was gonna get if I won. :sob::joy::star_struck:

2 Likes

I take 20% of the credit for asking for the recipe

2 Likes

I graciously bestow 20% of the credit, and 0% of the prize. :relieved:

3 Likes