Cellucor C4 Carbonated Orange Slice Review

C4 Carbonated Orange Slice Energy Drink

Taste

Orange Slice – I am actually amazed how few companies utilize an orange flavored energy drink on the market. Cellucor hit the nail on the head when they introduced Orange Slice to the C4 carbonated menu. This flavor is an exact replica of a Diet Sunkist Soda. With no artificial colors or dyes you would expect it to be similar to Purple Frost with a lacking flavor. That is not the case here. This is my new #1 new favorite flavor on the C4 carbonated line. If you grew up enjoying orange flavored products this will be a homerun. I have had a few friends who do not like orange flavored products truly enjoy this flavor.

Formula

The formula carries over vitamin B6 and B12, which is found in both Bang and Hyde Power Potion. There is also a performance energy blend of 6.7g that contains:

Beta-Alanine – Designed to delay the onset of fatigue, resulting in improved power and performance

Citrulline Malate – Supports an increase in nitric oxide levels, pumps, and delays lactic acid build up

Betaine – Maintains your cells’ electrolyte concentration and supports hydration

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine – Supports mental and cognitive health.

Compared to Bang & Hyde, which have COQ10 and BCAA’s, this is a different twist to an energy drink. I personally find these hit just as hard as their competition and provide a minor boost during training.

Cost

$22.40 Case of 12, which is under $2. Stop into any convenience store and most people pay around $2.50-$3 a can. With the discount, it is very affordable and comparable to other energy drinks on the market. Given the cost, formula, and taste I would suggest these carbonated energy drinks for an afternoon get me up, replacement to coffee, or a carbonated pre-workout beverage.

Comparison

So here is the big one most people want to know. How does it stack up vs Bang and Hyde Power Potion.

Let us first understand what each one has and what differs.

Bang à Stronger Carbonation, BCAA, Creatine, COQ10, B12, B6, Taurine, 300mg Caffeine

Hyde à Less Carbonation, Sweeter Taste, 350mg Caffeine, LCLT (recovery), Citrulline (Pump), Teacrine & Choline (Nootropics)

Cellucor C4 Carbonated à Moderate Carbonation, bold flavors, No artificial colors/dyes (Purple Frost), Blend of Beta-Alanine (Endurance), Betaine (Performance), Citrulline (Pump/ Prevent Lactic Acid Build Up)

For those looking for the strongest energy and focus à Hyde

If you favor straight flavor à Bang

If you favor Performance and a good tasting product à C4 Energy Drinks

Rankings:

1. Orange Slice
  2. Twisted Limeade
  3. Blue Bombsicle
  4. Tropical Punch
  5. Purple Frost
  6. Strawberry Watermelon

2 Likes

Great review dude! Short and sweet, but hit all the nails on the head. Truthfully, this is only the 2nd or 3rd review I’ve seen of yours

2 Likes

I got about 30+ more on these forums and plenty on my YT. You will be seeing a lot more in the near future. Next week I will post Sparta’s CinnaCrunch and PB Cups Whey

1 Like

Looking forward to them man. I’ll def give them a look-see and the other reviews as well

2 Likes

Great review’

i was curious to the color of the orange, without the added coloring, i scanned the review and didn’t see it, same with matt’s the other day

1 Like

It’s clear. Looks like Sprite. : )

2 Likes

that’s what i wanted to hear (see), thanks brother.

1 Like

I’ll pop one open later and post a pic.

1 Like

You missed the perfect opportunity on a video review to show us your impression on taste by actually taking a sip of it.

Also here you go Doug

2 Likes

they need to add cellucor to your avi

thanks bryan.

You ever have core ABC? They all mix clear because Doug doesn’t use any artificial colors or dyes (example)

I don’t know if you had purple frost but it’s the exact same clear like a sprite

1 Like

Already drank a full can before the review. Hence why 2 were missing from the case (the other in my hand)

It’s been a week, but I’m still confident in saying this is my #2 favorite energy drink for flavor.

#1 is still the White 3D Energy. They told me that their orange flavor should launch in early 2019, with the purple (grape) to launch in 2018.

1 Like

based on purely flavor, Rockstar Pure Zero Watermelon is my fav

1 Like

I still have yet to try the 3D or Merica Energy. I Know @Dougefresh93 says they are fantastic (Merica)

Merica Labz looks to be on its way to GNC, not sure if only online though

It is already there and in some locations. Some you will have to request them to pick it up

. To make buying ‘Merica Energy even easier, you can now find it in stock and available at select GNC franchise locations as well as on the retailer’s website

Wish they were at VS, they kill GNC on deals

2 Likes