Cellucor C4 Carbonated Cotton Candy Review

C4 Carbonated Cotton Candy Energy Drink

https://youtu.be/H9W8JILRWZc

Taste

Cotton Candy - It certainly tastes like cotton candy, and I would expect nothing less from Cellucor and how well they flavor their carbonated beverages. It has that familiar sweetness and almost powdery mouth feel allowing passive sips to resemble the spun sugar confection. At no point drinking the beverage did I feel the flavoring was overpowering or too sweet to turn consumers away. Cellucor found a middle ground on replicating the dessert with a refreshing and bold flavor. As Cellucor continues to dish out new C4 Carbonated flavors they continue to impress me as this one goes towards the top of my all-time favorites off their line. If you like Bang Cotton Candy you will love this C4 Carbonated flavor.

Formula

The formula carries over vitamin B6 and B12, which is found in both Bang and Hyde Power Potion. There is also a performance energy blend of 6.7g that contains:

Beta-Alanine – Designed to delay the onset of fatigue, resulting in improved power and performance

Citrulline Malate – Supports an increase in nitric oxide levels, pumps, and delays lactic acid build up

Betaine – Maintains your cells’ electrolyte concentration and supports hydration

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine – Supports mental and cognitive health.

Compared to Bang & Hyde, which have COQ10 and BCAA’s, this is a different twist to an energy drink. I personally find these hit just as hard as their competition and provide a minor boost during training.

Cost

C4 Cans Retail $28/Case . Stop into any convenience store and most people pay around $2.50-$3.50 a can. When on Discount for 20-25% off or BOGO50 it is very affordable and comparable to other energy drinks on the market. Given the cost, formula, and taste I would suggest these carbonated energy drinks for an afternoon get me up, replacement to coffee, or a carbonated pre-workout beverage.

Comparison

So here is the big one most people want to know. How does it stack up vs Bang and Hyde Power Potion.

Let us first understand what each one has and what differs.

Bang à Stronger Carbonation, BCAA, Creatine, COQ10, B12, B6, Taurine, 300mg Caffeine

Hyde à Less Carbonation, Sweeter Taste, 350mg Caffeine, LCLT (recovery), Citrulline (Pump), Teacrine & Choline (Nootropics)

Cellucor C4 Carbonated à Moderate Carbonation, bold flavors, No artificial colors/dyes (Purple Frost), Blend of Beta-Alanine (Endurance), Betaine (Performance), Citrulline (Pump/ Prevent Lactic Acid Build Up)

Repp Sports Raze à This has the same caffeine content as Bang Energy (300mg) + Added Nootropics for longer lasting energy. The carbonation is also on the lighter side.

If you favor pure flavor à Bang

If you favor a coffee replacement, afternoon get me up, and well-rounded energy drink à C4 Carbonated

If you favor pure energy and focus à Hyde Power Potion

If you favor a strong long lasting energy drink à Repp Sports Raze

If you favor a fully-fledged pre-workout carbonated beverage à C4 Ultimate Carbonated

Rankings:

1. Orange Slice
  2. Cotton Candy
  3. Midnight Cherry
  4. Cherry Limeade
  5. Twisted Limeade
  6. Blue Bombsicle
  7. Tropical Punch
  8. Purple Frost
  9. Strawberry Watermelon

So pumped to try this flavor.

1 Like