Casein Recommendations

Blended proteins tend to taste pretty damn good too! Just saying!

2 Likes

Oh I 100% agree!! I just got in Cookies n Cream Pro-Antium, super excited to try it. Currently going through my tub of EVL Stacked Vanilla Ice Cream which really is not all that great!!

Ever had PEScience select protein, 1st Phormā€™s Level-1 or Core Nutrionals Core-Pro? Those are alllll good, with the last two being a little cheaper in retail stores, so if you have local shops, look for them there

1 Like

Sparta whey for the blend. Easily becoming my favorite. Their flavors are stellar (PB , Cinna Crunch And Krispy Krunch)

Be tossing up my YT review on loopy fruits and krispy krunch tonight

Select is good and 3rd party verified
Man clean protein another good one but a little pricey
Quest does not get enough love. Their PB is so good

Gonna be honest, I am not all that impressed with the PB Cups after using for a while. I canā€™t shake the gritty taste. Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s still good, but it legitimately tastes like thereā€™s sand in it. Possibly part of the old stock maybe? I bought it from a retail store so thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking

The other flavors didnā€™t have that grit

Sparta is also quickly becoming a favorite. I have Cinna Crunch and just got Loopy Fruits yesterday at GNC because the temptation was real and I had a lot of points to use to knock down the price. Cinna Crunch is the only cinnamon protein I have liked out of several Iā€™ve tried (including Cellucorā€™s cinnamon). Itā€™s amazing in 2% milk, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and overnight oats.

I had Loopy Fruits today in overnight oats and almond milk as a shake. This stuff is literally fruit loops leftover milk. Iā€™m in love.

Iā€™m personally not a fan of pure caseinā€™s because texture is a big thing for me. The Sparta blend is perfect imo. Iā€™d put this right up there with MTS Whey, which is a personal favorite brand Iā€™ve had, except itā€™s thicker/creamier due to the blend. Really good stuff!

1 Like

Yeah I have to get through my stockpile of Protein I have in my closet currently before I get new stuff, but Sparta is definitely on the list. I also want to try Merica Labz protein! This is what is left in my stock

• EVL Stacked (Vanilla Ice CreaM) - Currently Using
  • ISOTOPE REDCON1 (Mint Chocolate Chip) - not a fan of the processing here, but MAN this is sooo good
  • NutraBio Vanilla Casein - Almost gone
  • Ghost White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
  • MAN ISOProtein - Cinnamon Crunch (I have been trying all the flavors this year, my current fave Isolate)
  • Predator by Killer Labz (Brownie Bites & PB Cookie) (These contain Epicatechin and Laxogenin)
  • King Whey RCSS (Mint Chocolate Chip)
  • Pro Antium RCSS (Cookies n Cream)

So yeah a lot to go through!! I had originally thought I was going to move to Korea for a year and stay in the Army for another 5 years, but alas injuries told me to retire! But now I have a stockpile to go through! Yes @TheSolution I have had Clean Protein, I enjoyed it and recently reviewed it on SR.

I taste nothing gritty in PB cups at all
Mike is totally smooth and dense in flavor

1 Like

It has to be one of the old batch then, because I legitimately keep getting a sandy texture. Like I said, itā€™s still good in taste but itā€™s noticeable

1 Like

Thatā€™s my line up right now as well. The Cinna Crunch is good with anything

3 Likes

How does that CinnaCrunch compare to other Cinnamons? Iā€™ve found that to be really good in Oatmeal (Cellucor Cinnamon for example).

1 Like

Itā€™s the best hands down
Tastes like legit Cinnamon Toast Crunch left over milk

2 Likes

Hmm I wonder if Campus Protein carries this

1 Like

They do lol

3 Likes

As you know
Bill is the master of sarcasm

1 Like

Itā€™s how I rollā€¦
Is it a thicker proteinā€¦I see about 3G of Caseinā€¦

1 Like

Bill, Iā€™d say itā€™s a good in between. Not super thick like a true casein, not ā€œkinda thinā€ like MTS Whey can be, and definitely not isolate level. If you donā€™t mind it a little thick (oh boy), youā€™ll like the consistency. I donā€™t like thick shakes, but can 100% tolerate this one.

1 Like

I appreciate that. Sounds like itā€™s a similar thickness to a ProJymā€¦I may have to give it a shot. Loading up on Protein Powders for the coming year due to sales etcā€¦

3 Likes

Still waiting for the day MTS drops a Carrot Cake proteinā€¦

1 Like