Caribou's C4 Smart Energy Review

@stad0203 and @burntreality held a giveaway a while back, and I won a case of the C4 Smart Energy cans in Electric Sour flavor. I got the case right at the start of the quarantine, and so I’ve been trying to save them since I have no gym and I’m furloughed atm so no demanding job. Nonetheless, my girlfriend and I have moved through most of the case by now, so review time!

Flavor: Electric Sour was my girlfriend’s favorite, and so that’s what I chose as my flavor, as it’s rare she can enjoy something artificially sweetened (she finds sucralose, aspartame, stevia etc very bitter). She loved this though. For me, it tastes almost exactly like one of those Clear American flavored sparking waters, which I’m a big fan of, in a crisp and tart green apple flavor. The flavor is strong, but not too intense.

Profile: I quite like natural caffeine. There may be no science behind this, it may be all in my head, but imo it feels different than anhydrous. In addition, the full 250mg dose of CDP choline is definitely noticeable. I get brain fog and fatigue when taking choline every day, so I have to limit these to 1-2x/week, but the mental sharpness it provides in an acute dose is noticeable over a regular Monster.

Effects: I’m a bit of a stim fiend, even moreso now that I’m at home all day and nothing is stopping me from shooting back 5 cups of coffee in a row, so I’m used to much larger doses of caffeine. However, this definitely still puts a pep in my step and is a great way to start the day. The “sharpness” I talked about above is noticeable and last throughout the afternoon for me.

All in all, I’m a huge fan, and this probably replaces the yellow cans of C4 as my #2 favorite energy drink on the market, bumping the yellow cans down to #3. I do wish I didn’t react so oddly to choline though, as my girlfriend can pop these back every day (and did so when I first bought myself a caseload to try :anguished: ).

3 Likes

Thanks for the review! Glad y’all enjoyed them!!

3 Likes

Smart Energy is my favorite RTD. Can’t wait for some new flavors.

Hoping they do a similar flavor to Orange Slice and Tropical Punch.

3 Likes

I have it and like it…but…and maybe this is the old guy here…I’m not a fan of the carbonation…but that’s just me. I don’t use TikTok nor SnapChat either…

1 Like

Have you tried the regular, non carbonated bottled versions of their RTD?

1 Like

Hi Anthony. I have not…but would be willing to learn…or try…I think I had the C4 energy RTD and that was good…

1 Like

We have both the C4 Original and C4 Ultimate without carbonation, they actually came out way before the carbonated versions. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m definitely a non carbonated guy…not sure what that says about me…

I like the non carbonated for a pwo and the carbonated for an energy drink personally.

3 Likes

Can definitely get behind that (Yes Bob that was a pun). Traveling for volleyball games last year, I always carried a couple of the regular RTD’s with me. Much less worry of a can popping when you’ve got volleyballs flying around everywhere

1 Like

I like the regular C4 or C4 Ultimate better than the Smart Energy drinks.

1 Like

I am with you on this…I have both and do not like carbonated beverages early in the morning PWO… but taste great to sip on during the day.

2 Likes