Training: 1 Scoop of Fullblitz + 1 Scoop of Vasoblitz
Do you Train Fasted/Fed?
- Normally, I do not train fasted but I am considering switching over to it as I begin my cut for the next 2-3 months. I do workout at about 6 AM most days before work, so I think training fasted may be beneficial throughout this cut. Right now, I usually grab something small to eat on my way out the door in the morning to pair with my preworkout drink on the way to the gym. Usually, it is just a protein bar, which I have the bodybuilding.com signature protein bars right now. It is enough to hold me over til the end of my workout without feeling there is a lot in my stomach during the workout.
How long before training did you dose?
- Most of the time, I mix my preworkout right before running out the door and drink it as I drive to the gym. Therefore, there is about 20-25 minutes from finishing my preworkout before starting my workout. I’ve been doing the same thing with the Fullblitz/Vasoblitz combo.
How long before your training do you eat, and how many grams of carbohydrates is in your pre-workout meal?
- During the week, it is usually just a protein bar about 20-25 minutes before I workout. The macros of the ones I have now are 20 P, 20 C, 9 F. If I train on the weekends, I usually have a more substantial meal before hand. Usually some eggs and a bagel with pb2, so about 50 grams of carbs then, and I will give that more time to digest before my workout, probably about an hour in between my meal and workout.
How much water are you in taking?
- I shoot for 1-1.5 gallons per day. I would say I get closer to 1.5 gallons each day. Usually the only water I have before my early morning workout is what is mixed with the preworkout I am taking. I usually have an additional 24-48 oz during the workout. On weekends, I usually have at least 24-32 oz in me before my workout.
What is your sodium intake like?
- I don’t really track sodium during the day but I definitely don’t limit it. I usually cook with Pink Himalayan salt, whether it actually has any health benefits, not really sure but it tastes good. Also, a lot of the seasonings I use have salt in them as well. I don’t eat a lot of fast food or processed food so I would say I get about the recommended amount of 1,500-1,600 mg per day without going to much over.
Non-Workout: 2 Scoops Vasoblitz
- I will do this on Saturday and provide an update after, as I have a wedding to attend and won’t be training throughout the day.
- The Rainbow Candy flavor is definitely one of the highlights of these products. The flavor is really sweet and very smooth. I have been using Ghost Sour Watermelon recently, so the sweet and not so tart flavoring of the Rainbow Candy is a nice switch up. I do have to say that the flavor definitely reminded me more of pink starburst rather than skittles, which I think is the flavor it was going for based on the name. Maybe it is just because of the pink coloring of the preworkout, but I really enjoy it. Definitely recommend if you are a pink starburst fan!
- The mixability of these products was also on point. So far, I have mixed 1 scoop of each with about 10 oz of cold water each morning. It takes minimal time shaking it up, maybe 10-15 seconds max, for the preworkout to dissolve completely and there is little to no noticeable settling at the bottom of the shaker that some preworkouts cause.
Thoughts on Formula
- The two main ingredients I look for in a preworkout is beta-alanine and caffeine content, both must haves for a good stim preworkout obviously. After using these for the past 4 days, the 3.2 g of beta-alanine I find is a good amount as you don’t get that overwhelming tingling sensation that you can get with too much beta-alanine. Also, the 335 mg of caffeine is a almost exactly what I am looking for. Recently, I have been trying to cut down on the amount of caffeine I drink throughout the day, so with 1 heaping scoop providing about 160-180 g of caffeine first thing in the morning, I feel like this is a pretty good amount. Also, I only find myself reaching for one cup of coffee the rest of the day and don’t need my usual afternoon energy drink to help get through the rest of the day without dragging. Therefore, I have definitely been able to cut down on the amount of caffeine I have been consuming lately.
- As for the pump ingredients, such as Betaine Anhydrous and Arginine Nitrate, I wouldn’t mind if they bumped this up a bit to get a stronger pump feeling. But since I am only using 1 scoop of each product, I could also maybe try using a little more product before a workout and see what effects that has. Also, I will use this for a workout later in the day as well to see what effects it has then. I will provide an update once I have done so.
- One of my favorite pump products to use right now is Ghost Pump, which I use as a preworkout for when I have already had a decent amount of caffeine throughout the day and am working out a little later in the afternoon. If you have used this product before, I definitely don’t notice as much of a pump from Fullblitz/Vasoblitz than I get when using Ghost Pump. However, this may be due to other factors, such as food/water consumption as well. My muscles do feel fuller when using Fullblitz/Vasoblitz, but nothing overwhelming or extremely noticeable.
- Working out at 6 AM several times a week can definitely cause me to drag every once in awhile, so a good lasting energy from a preworkout is really what I look for. Sometimes preworkouts have a real intense burst of energy that fades quickly and causes you to crash. This is the worst thing to happen midway through an early morning workout. With the Fullblitz/Vasoblitz combo, I definitely get the more lasting energy that I am looking for with little to no crash experienced. Usually I have to rush to grab coffee when I get to work around 8:30 for a pick me up. With Fullblitz/Vasoblitz, I don’t usually grab a cup of coffee until 10:30-11:00 AM.
- Similar to the energy aspect, I like a preworkout that provides enough focus to last you throughout a workout without hitting you too hard. I am not a big fan of the tunnel vision focus that some preworkouts can provide, so I would say the focus Fullblitz/Vasoblitz provides is the perfect amount for me. It gets me through the workout without coming on too strong and doesn’t hit you with a hard crash afterwards either. It is definitely a preworkout I could see myself sipping on in the early afternoon during work to give me an afternoon pick me up rather than just as a preworkout. I can’t say that for all preworkouts as I would hate to sit at a desk and stare at a computer after taking preworkout, so Fullblitz/Vasoblitz is definitely really good for that aspect as well.
- Honestly, I haven’t really looked for vascularity much yet. Therefore, I would have to say it isn’t anything extremely noticeable. However, I will look for this over my next few workouts and provide an update.
Any changes in recovery or rest times during training
- I have been cutting down on rest time between sets during training and incorporating more supersets when working out multiple muscle groups in order to keep my heart rate up. However, I am not sure if this is a result of using Fullblitz/Vasoblitz, as I have been intending to do so and started this during my workouts last week when not using Fullblitz/Vasoblitz.
Final Review: Will update once product is completed. Should be sometime next week.
Thanks again for this opportunity and let me know if you have any questions or would like to provide additional commentary below. Sorry for the delay in this posting as I was out of town when it was first delivered and so I didn’t have a chance to use it until early this week.