Blue Star Nutraceuticals PPK Power Review

You are seeing kind of what I see when I use PPK Power. It’s heavy on the endurance and great focus and energy. I would like some more pump but I don’t think I would trade an necessarily one of the other ingredients for it.

Question for you and @GymGod hordenine has been added to the FDA as a product that is on the No-Go List… will you guys have to reformulate the product again?

@TheSolution The FDA created something new called the “Dietary Supplement Ingredient Advisory List”. It doesn’t appear to be a list of banned substances, but a list of ingredients that at first glance appear to be unlawful. The FDA mentions that this list will continue to evolve with additions or removals as more information is evaluated.

The FDA declares that “consumers may wish to avoid purchasing or consuming dietary supplements that include these ingredients”.

We’ll make updates when needed. :+1:

3 Likes

Makes sense as everyone jumps quickly and may not understand what the FDA is actually stating.

I sure hope hordenine doesn’t go away. At a good dose, hordenine really ups the stimulant experience for me! I loved it in Nutrex Outrage, big dose there.

Mesocycle #11
Week 6 Day 5

Tempo Indication: Eccentric:Pause:Concentric:Fle x (x:x:x:x)
All Rep Tempo’s are 2:1:2:2
Rest Times are 90 Seconds

Lying Leg Curl: (3:1:1:1)
120 x 15 (3 Sets)

Hammer Strength V-Squat: (3:1:1:1)
190 x 15
230 x 12
270 x 8
310 x 4
350 x 8 → 270 x 8 → 230 x 8 → 190 x 10

Smith Squat 1.5’s:
135 x 15 (2 Sets)

One Leg-LegPress:
2 Plates/Side x 10 (2 Sets)

Cable Pull through
80 x 12 (2 Sets)

Pre-Workout Meal (90 minutes prior)
Carbs - 40g
Water - 1 Gallon
Sodium - 2 Meals with Sea Salt
PPK - 15 Minutes prior to Workout

Workout Reaction:
Leg Days are always a mental battle. When the pump takes over and pushing through the pain it becomes a challenge. I felt the energy was good and lasted the entire workout, and my performance and endurance matched what I did last week. Even when I got home I took a shower, settles down and cook a meal and still felt the energy streaming. I still find the headaches to flare up, but they are getting smaller. If they fully diminish that would be great, but still something that sticks in the front of my head and then slowly migrates to the back of my head where it sits for a period of time.

1 Like

Mesocycle #12
Week 1 Day 1

Low Cable Rows:
80 x 20
100 x 15
120 x 10
140 x 8
160 x 6 → 120 x 8

DB Row:
70 x 10
80 x 10
100 x 8

Chins:
BW x Failure (2 Sets)

Meadows Row:
25 Plate x 10
2-25 Plates x 12
3-25 Plates x 8

Neutral Grip Pulldown:
120 x 8 (2 Sets)

BB Curl:
45 x 10
55 x 10
65 x 12
75 x 8

DB Hammer Curl:
30’s x 20 (2 Sets)

Carbs - 50g
Water - 3/4 Gallon

Workout:
MMC and Tension are getting better each week on training back. Have been working on using less forearm when rowing and it has helped to stimulate the muscle to a larger degree. I have been trying to find ways to minimize momentum and secondary muscles from taking over during my rows. The hardest thing is locking in my hips and keeping my torso locked in during back movements its a frequent problem a lot of people have that I have been trying to correct. Overall good workout, no real notes on the pump, focus, and endurance has not changed. Energy is present very quick and lasts up to 90 minutes. Very faint headaches into the post-workout period

I’m still following Bob, mainly on the headache part and if there are any changes.

Mesocycle #12
Week 1 Day 3

Wide Grip Pulldown:
110 x 12 (3 Sets)

Supinated 1 Arm Pulldowns:
35 Each Hand x 10 (2 Sets)

Chest Supported Row:
3-45 Plates x 10 (3 Sets)

HyperExtensions:
BW x Failure (2 Sets)

Preacher Curls:
75 x 8 (2 Sets)

Reverse Curls:
40 x 20 (2 Sets)

Carbs - 30g
Water - 3/4 Gallon

This is the sweet spot for my dosing. Carb timing relates to the day and my overall intake setup, but none the less I don’t see a drastic difference from 30-60g when I play around with different sources. Since the formula does not have a lot to provide with pump its hard to really compare this to a product that has a whole matrix of citrulline, agmatine, nitrates etc. The key focus here is recovery and endurance with power and performance. PPK does live up to that in its name. I felt great halfway through the workout, and the slight headaches again popped up.

I have rotated some other pre-workouts throughout this experience with no signs of headaches, so like @rodefeeh has stated I am not alone with picking them up.

Mesocycle #12
Week 1 Day 5

Lying Leg Curl:
100 x 8
120 x 8
140 x 8
160 x 8 + 10 Partials

HS V-Squat:
200 x 8
240 x 8
300 x 8
360 x 8 (2 Sets)

Feet High Leg Press
1 Plate/Side x 6 → 2 Plate/Side x 6 → 3 Plate/Side x 6 → 4 Plate/Side x 6 → 5 Plates/Side x 6

DB Split Squat:
40’s x 10 → 30’s x 10 – > 20’s x 20

DB Stiff Leg Deadlifts:
150’s x 10 (2 Sets)

Carbs - 55g
Water - 1 Gallon

Just about wrapped up with the tub, so my final thoughts are as follows

Energy - Comes on quick, lasts at least 60-90 minutes if not longer into the post-workout period for me. It gives me what I need to stay focused and complete the task at hand in the weight room

Endurance/Recovery - This was a good aspect of the product. I really pushed myself hard training, last week during legs I had to sit down for a bit to gather my breath off the rest pause and drop sets. I train in a fashion of a hybrid Mountain Dog/Matt Jansen type training with hypertrophy and one set to failure type approach. If I have a good spot around I can test the waters and try and really push my expectations.

Pump - This really was not a significant factor, I also did not expect it to be given the ingredient profile. While it was still present from properly lifting and stimulating the muscle there can be an added presence here. PPK can be stacked with bulk (agmatine, citrulline, glycerol, nitrates, hydromax) to improve this aspect.

Overall I like it besides the headaches it gave me during the run. Throughout the experience I rotated in different pre-workouts to see how it would affect the headaches and if they would diminish. When using C4 Ultimate, FullBlitz, and sample packets of other pre’s I did not experience the headaches. Therefore I may not react well to the synergy of the nootropics. I know @rodefeeh had a similar experience with the sensation he feels.

I would suggest grabbing on the 50% off sales when they pop up. There was one during my run, So keep your eyes peeled to social media and on their webpage.

Thank you again to blue star @Adidasshorts @GymGod

1 Like

Thank you Bob for the time and detail you put into this. This PPK version is easily my favorite as I am a strong proponent of betaine, creatine, Ba and the peak. These compounds unlike MANY actually have proven use time and time again regardless of whether it’s acute or accumulating. So they should be included in a supplementation program before so many others.

Thank you again brother

2 Likes

I am the one thanking you
Much appreciated