BEST PROTEIN 2018 | Spartan Whey Review

That is old school…(Beverly…) I used to love that stuff.

2 Likes

From a C&C perspective…I love both ProJym (I realize it’s blasphemy to mention here) and PE Science

My one experience with Beverly’s CnC was not a good one. It tasted burnt? Idk if I had a bad batch, but it came directly from them

Beverly far from burnt it tastes like a legit cookies and cream milkshake . Literally no company comes close to a CnC but Beverly imo. I would chalk that up as bad. Their graham cracker is also very good

PES is also down the bottom of my list as well for a CnC not a big fan.

I did not enjoy PES CnC. It was a favorite a couple years ago, but they have way better flavors.

4 months later…

I wasn’t crazy about it either. It had a gritty and odd taste. It just didn’t resonate with me. Their chocolate and chocolate PB were great though.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the Ghost Fruity Cereal milk and the Spartan Loopy fruits? I was wondering which is better. I recently bought Ghost fruity cereal and it’s decent but I wanted to know how they compare.

Ghost is better in my opinion. But the Ghost Whey is similar to Trix, whole Sparta is close to Fruit Loops. Depends on your preference.

2 Likes

Ghost is good, like very good, but sparta has created a great flavoring system. I’d say if it wasn’t for the Blueberry toaster pastry, that Sparta would overlap them easily with protein. That’s IMO of course. The main thing for me though is that ghost only sells 2lb tubs. Value for money plays into my buying 95% of the time

1 Like

Any recommendations on protein blends with a decent amount of casein in it? I’m looking for a good one to take for a nighttime snack and haven’t found a really great tasting one. The thicker, the better. Current favorite is Muscle Beach, Peanut Butter Cookie. ProJYM, S’mores is pretty good too but I haven’t tried many other so open to all recommendations.

That’s a tough one…

My favorite casein of all time is Dymatize Cinnamon Bun casein. Man, mix that with ice and almond milk - it’s no joke!

Sparta would be my top choice for an Isolate, WPC-80, sns casein blend.

3 Likes

Sparta’s blend is solid. Highly versatile I feel like

I bought the spartan whey loopy fruits several months back and I still haven’t been able to finish the tub. I enjoyed it at first, but at least for me it isn’t a flavor I can drink on a daily basis and there is a grittiness to it, but apparently they have addressed that recently. Would be better served in a 2lb tub in my opinion. I haven’t tried the ghost fruity cereal milk but I have tried several of their other flavors and they were all great, so i’m assuming fruity cereal milk is great as well.