Avocados and Chocolate?

Has anybody ever tried avocados in some type of chocolate concoction? This page suggests it will taste good. Avocados are one thing I should try to work into my diet more. I like them, however, I never think to buy them and mix them into my diet. They’re super healthly.

1 Like

I’ve put them in chocolate protein shakes. Maybe a half of one, or a quarter of one. It makes them super thick and creamy. To me, they more or less absorb the taste of the chocolate protein powder - but it does noticeably change the flavor compared to adding a banana or just plain protein powder and milk.

3 Likes

I’ve seen them on smoothie shop menus. I always look at the idea as we🥴ird, but perhaps this would make the shakes super keto. That’s mainly why I eat avacado.

1 Like

When I used to play around with recipes I used them with chocolate a few times, seemed to work pretty well.

1 Like

What’s your go to recipe?

@Iron-Mic-Titan

I honestly have no clue at this point. I stopped most of that years ago (too much damn work for things to taste mostly meh)

1 Like

This is something really amazing, I will try it also, for long taking protein shakes as it.

My go to recipe is avocado chocolate peanut butter smoothie.

1 Like

Are you taking 3 different things , do you really think taking butter with healthy avocado will be beneficial for your health?

A little avocado with a little peanut butter in a large smoothie isn’t bad for your health

1 Like

I just can’t do it…love fresh guacamole, but that’s where it ends for me. I’m not into the Avocado toast thing either- but then again - you really didn’t ask me.

2 Likes

I tried mashing up some avocado in a chocolate protein powder sludge a while back. It didn’t enhance the flavor any. It made it a little more bland and added some creaminess to it. I guess it’s a nice addition if you need some more healthy fats in your diet.

Fresh guac is the bomb. My wife makes some a couple times each summer. YUM!

2 Likes

I don’t like avocados much but this sounds amazing and I’m hoping to try it as well.

Ohh I see, will try it then, thanks for clarification!

I use peanut butter and it helps in weight loss and boosts heart health.

1 Like

I often try to look at some ways with which I can eat avocados. Does peanut butter with avocados taste good?

Taste is subjective. Try it out and let us know.

1 Like

Okay, I will definitely try it out.

I tried it and it actually has decent taste, not too bad for taking inside.

I like both, but dark 90% chocolate with coffee is an important part of the morning routine