Aps stack log

I won an APS stack on FB and thought I’d share my run with it. The stack consist of:

• Isomorph 28 (Banana Cream Pie), 13 servings.
  • Chain’d Reaction (Watermelon), 25 Servings
  • Mesomorph (Pineapple), 25 Servings

1 Like

Day 1: 07/16/2019

Pre-Work

• Mesomorph - little leas than half scoop around 6g

Intra

• dextrose + ghost aminos + chain’d reaction (12g)

Workout
Push

Comments

• Mesomorph comes with a label full of blends so it makes it difficult to decipher the amount of each ingredient. They do call out on the tub that they use clinical dose of 3.2g Beta Alanine (BA) and I saw somewhere in a supplier that methylxanthine anhydrous (caffeine) is 300mg. I did have the DMAA version a while back and never bothered buying again because although I felt amazing I would crash really bad.

• Taste - ~5oz of water 6g, At first I was pleasantly surprised that I tasted the pineapple right away and then coming in fast right behind it a weird chemical taste. I just chugged it. The color looks like some dehydrated piss see below

• Effects - I went with a little less than half scoop at a measured 6g and I felt good clean energy and felt the BA tingles. I did not experience any crash afterward and was able to sleep fine +4 hrs later. I had some great “pumps” during my workout but not as good as when I take GHOST Pump or VasoBlitz

• Chain’d reaction comes with a simple to follow label. Basic 2:1:1 BCAA formula with added 2g glutamine and alanine (not sure how much) blended with glycine and more glutamine. If you add up the label you get 10g of aminos and 2g of ?? fillers…

• Taste - I did 12oz, as recommended, with 2 scoops (12g). Nice watermelon color, but the taste was VERY light. It was good and did in fact have a pleasant watermelon taste but damn it got overpowered by the sour taste of GHOST size. I may have to play with the water amount.

• Effects - I will continue to monitor the effects but I don’t expect much difference than what I was previously taking (full amino formulas).

• isomorph 28 - the taste was light and the mixture was light as well. Nothing thick in a mix of about 4oz almond and 2 oz water. I will continue to mess around with the portions. There is a light banana taste and i can sort of taste the cream at a far after taste. I have also tried it in my yogurt berry mix. It tasted like basic vanilla whey and the berries overpowered the flavor completely. 130 calories, 0.5 g fat, 4 g carb, 28 g protein.
4 Likes

I had a chance to have a lot of APS products when Gaspari was under the Hi Tech Umbrella with APS… their flavors tend to be on the light side, especially Isomorph.

Which I actually prefer post workout or later at night.

Congrats on the win.

1 Like

Nice. I was really stoaked about APS honey granola whey when it dropped almost 2 yrs ago. It was oversold and tasted more like vanilla. Very disappointed as a granola lover.

I’m guessing eating it off the floor was part of the problem.

1 Like

2 Likes

Day 2: 07/18/2019

Pre-Work

• Mesomorph - full 15g scoop

Intra

• dextrose + chain’d reaction (18g)

Workout
Pull

Comments

• Mesomorph - I went with a full scoop in 8 oz. I am getting a very artificial pineapple taste. Not bad, but you can taste some sort of weird bitterish taste. The effects are very pronounced and the tingles only taste about 20-25 minutes. I felt a bit of a dip in energy towards the end of my workout about 50 minutes in.

• Chain’d reaction is so light in flavor. In order for me to get to at least 16 oz of water in my shaker for sipping during my workout I had to use 3 scoops.

*Isomorph i had in about 6oz of almond milk. I got a bit of a creme taste but the banana really lacks. I get almost like a vanilla ice cream flavor like the vanilla from your typical store bought chocolate covered ice cream bar

Day 3: 07/20/2019

Pre-Work

• Mesomorph - full 15g scoop

Intra

Workout
Legs

Comments

• Mesomorph - Another full scoop no dip in energy this time but I felt jitters like 30 minutes post workout. Pretty weird. Again tingles only like 20-25 minutes. This pre is hitting me really hard.

• Chain’d reaction is so light in flavor. In order for me to get to at least 16 oz of water in my shaker for sipping during my workout I had to use 3 scoops.

*Isomorph update soon haven;'t taken it

1 Like

Day 4: 07/21/2019

Pre-Work

• Mesomorph - 7g scoop (half)

Intra

Workout
Push

Comments

• Mesomorph - Half scoop felt really good. I feel overly stimulated with 1 full scoop. Last year I probably would have been okay. The only issue is that I am not getting the recommended dosages of creatine and BA as advertised on the tub with a full scoop.

• Chain’d reaction - I continue to enjoy the taste with 3 scoops and ~20oz water in my blender bottle. I haven’t noticed any improvements in recovery.

• Isomorph - I went with a 2 scoop shake in 8 oz of almond milk and the flavor still fails to me. All i get is a sweet vanilla. I can no longer get the initial banana taste I got the first time using it. it was so faint this time.

Day 5: 07/22/2019

Pre-Work

• Mesomorph - 4g scoop (quarter)

Intra

• dextrose + chain’d reaction (18g) + ghost size

Workout
Push

Comments

• Mesomorph - Quarter scoop still has a lot of flavor. The only thing it did for me was fully get me energized for the gym, no BA tingles, just a good clean jolt of energy.

• Chain’d reaction - I continue to enjoy the taste with 3 scoops and ~20oz water in my blender bottle. I haven’t noticed any improvements in recovery. Ghost size is almost masked by the flavor, i think relatively well so at 3 scoops i am enjoying this flavor.

• Isomorph - I did 1 scoop in my yogurt and had a pleasant vanilla cream taste and mixes good.

Day 6: 07/25/2019

Pre-Work

• Mesomorph - 7g scoop (half) + 1 scoop ghost pump

Intra

• dextrose + chain’d reaction (18g) + ghost size (half)

Workout
Legs

Comments

• Mesomorph - Half scoop still feels really good as far as energy and feeling BA tingles. It did keep me up a little longer than usual tonight, so it hit me hard compared to other products with similar caffeine amount. I really enjoyed it at half scoop and pump added. I completely wrecked my legs.

• Chain’d reaction - I continue to enjoy the taste with 3 scoops and ~20oz water in my blender bottle. I haven’t noticed any improvements in recovery. Ghost size is almost masked by the flavor, i think relatively well so at 3 scoops i am enjoying this flavor.

• Isomorph - i officially rate this a sweet somewhat creamy (like whipped cream sweetness) vanilla. Not heavy/ almost no banana flavor.

Day 7: 07/26/2019

Pre-Work

• Mesomorph - full scoop ()

Intra

Workout
Push

Comments

• Mesomorph - full scoop and i felt a ton of focus and energy but i do feel like that dips down around halfway through workout. I stayed up very late going to the movies and it was no issue with this. For me in the afternoon this is really strong and would only use on days that i know i will be staying up late, so no crash… but a weird dip in performance during workout.

• Chain’d reaction - I continue to enjoy the taste with 3 scoops and ~20oz water in my blender bottle. I haven’t noticed any improvements in recovery.

• Isomorph - creamy (like whipped cream sweetness) vanilla. Not heavy/ almost no banana flavor. Been using 1 scoop

Day 8: 07/27/2019

Pre-Work

• Mesomorph - full scoop ()

Intra

Workout
Pull

Comments

• Mesomorph - full scoop and i felt a ton of focus and energy but i do feel like that dips down around halfway through workout. today i felt great pumps

• Isomorph - creamy (like whipped cream sweetness) vanilla. Not heavy/ almost no banana flavor. Been using 1 scoop

Day 10: 07/30/2019

Pre-Work

• Mesomorph - less than half scoop (4g)

Intra

• dextrose + chain’d reaction (12g)

Workout
Push

Comments

• Mesomorph - i went with less and 1 scoop of ghost. This was great, but i guess i am defeating the purpose of getting in the rest of the stims the pre is designed for. For a person like me, training in the evening after work the amount of stims is way too much. I like this on the weekends best.

• Chain’d reaction - this week i will switch to 2 scoops (12g) and half scoop of EAAs. To see if my recovery improves.

1 Like

Day 11: 08/1/2019

Pre-Work

• Mesomorph - full scoop

Intra

Workout
Pull

Comments

• Mesomorph - I stayed up way too late with the full serving. Hit me strong and pumps felt great.

• Chain’d reaction - this week i will switch to 2 scoops (12g) and half scoop of EAAs. To see if my recovery improves. Recovery feels way better this week. the BCAAs alone in this are not cutting it for me.

Day 12: 08/3/2019

Pre-Work

• Mesomorph - full scoop

Intra

Workout
Legs

Comments

• Mesomorph - Oh wow i had a great workout today. I left it all at the gym. I was extremely focused.

• Chain’d reaction - this week i switched to 2 scoops (12g) and half scoop of EAAs. To see if my recovery improves. Recovery feels way better this week. the BCAAs alone in this are not cutting it for me.

Day 13: 08/4/2019

Pre-Work

• Mesomorph - full scoop

Intra

Workout
Push

Comments

• Mesomorph - Insane focus, but really no strength from having to go so early in the morning.

• Chain’d reaction - Still continuing to use 2 scoops (1 serving) with half scoop of EAAs. Recover felt better. I forgot to mention i have been doing half - 1 serving at night with dinner to flavor my water.

Day 14: 08/5/2019

Pre-Work

• Mesomorph - full scoop

Intra

Workout
Pull

Comments

• Mesomorph - 1/2 serving + full serving ghost pump. I felt slight tingles but no intense focus like i do with 1 full serving.

• Chain’d reaction - Still continuing to use 2 scoops (1 serving) with half scoop of EAAs. Recover felt better, except for today (08/06/2019 - as i am writing this. I am wrecked. Glad i have 2 days off to recover). Chain’d reaction is almost done I only have a few scoops left that I will finish off today and tomorrow with my dinner to flavor my water.

Overall, the stack was alright. You really get some insane workouts with mesomorph, but it is way too stimmed for my liking. I prefer non-stimmed or lighter stimmed for my majority of evening workouts. You can’t beat EAAs as an intra… and chain’d reaction was just inferior… both in taste and performance. The protein was just a creamy vanilla and nothing as advertised on the label. I wouldn’t bother purchasing the BCAAs… you can get some for 10/ tub with better flavoring. Same your money on the protein as well. Mesomorph would be good if you want something with more kick. I am not even half way done with the tub so it can last you if you just need it for the 1-2 days of hardcore energy.

1 Like