Anyone try this-CLEAR MUSCLE NEXT GEN? What's your take

What does PA stand for?

Ya, it has an unpleasant flavor, but its not strong, so when you mix it with enough liquid the taste barely shows up. It should help with the soreness.

PA is phosphatidic acid.

2 Likes

Is it worth putting in whey shakes?

Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to when you return home (supplement packages and running this). :+1:

1 Like

The “worth it” conversation can only be had with yourself since no one else knows your personal finances, how your body will react to specific ingredients and how you will quantify the effects.

I understand. But to be more accurate, I meant would it ruin the taste of the whey… like have you ever mixed them and regretted it?

1 Like

Ahhh, got it.

Only PA & HMB that I have used has been in Genius Muscle, which I have not mixed with whey…so I can’t speak to flavor change.

HMB does not dissolve well. Tried opening caps and mixing it in liquid. Not soluable at all and has a ridiculous amount of foam.

Firstly, no! hahah. No offense, I know you’re an ambassador, but that stuff is super expensive dude. I thought I clicked a link to a 3rd party site that rips people off with overpriced products. Then I realized that was the actual price from their actual site.

I fully admit this product is not for everyone, especially if a person does not have many other aspects of their fitness routine in order first. Some people have no issue spending $100+ a month on sugary coffee or energy drinks but balk at something for their fitness goals that is $80 a month :man_shrugging:

The Genius Brand and Redcon1 have far different business plans and product profiles, so it’s understandable that some things can be a shock when comparing the two.

I can save you 15% off the site or you can also find it on bodybuilding.com on sale sometimes.

2 Likes

IIRC branded PA was pretty pricey. But it is the calcium HMB (which I have still had success with), not the super expensive FA HMB.

That said, if you can afford the calories and fat, soy lecithin granules seems likely your best economical source of PA, and bulk CA HMB is your best bet for HMB. No idea what the cost of those two and Peak02 comes out to be for a month anymore, but I can tell you those three things mixed together with no flavor or sweetener is going to be pretty bad tasting. HMB-CA and Peak02 alone don’t exactly mix perfectly IIRC, though I usually remedied this by mixing them with another powdered product that did, like a PWO, or protein powder, or Gatorade powder. So if they actually made that product taste decent, even if not great, I can see some people being willing to pay a premium for it.

Edit: at 4% PA, you need 15g of lecithin granules to assure at least 750mg PA. That’s 110 calories and 8g fat. It’s also ~$7/month (Fearn lecithin granules). NOW HMB powder is ~$9/month at 1.5g/day. And PrimaForce PeakO2 is ~$9/month at 2g/day. So you’re looking at $25/month for the three, with the disadvantages of having to scoop 3 products, and of having a pretty nasty tasting mixture of two powders that don’t exactly mix super well alone or taste very good at all (HMB and PeakO2), and then a bunch of granules mixed in with it, and a bit over 100 calories, which may or may not matter much to you at any given time. If you think paying a large premium is worth not having to deal with those things, that’s totally up to you I guess.

2 Likes

Great post. I can second that PeakO2 clumps pretty instantly when it hits water, but if you disperse it in other powders first (i.e. mixing it into 5g of creatine before adding the result to water) it mixes just fine. Also in my experience, whey pretty sufficiently masks the flavor of PeakO2. Never played around with HMB.

1 Like

Maybe I was wrong to call genius out like that. I’m sorry for that. Also, I might just change the tier opporator thing in my profile. I haven’t really been doing much of that, so my words weren’t meant as a comparison to them.

I would have balked at that price on even my favorite brands. It’s not really the price itself, it’s the servings per container. Just seems too much imo.

But to anyone who sees it as valuable, I’m not trying to change your mind.

2 Likes

No hard feelings :fist_right:

The founder did not create this brand to try and appeal to absolutely everyone nor do we try to make a sale to absolutely everyone. Our products are an option for those who didn’t have much choice in the natural market before.

1 Like

Mediator PA is incredibly pricey, especially if you’re doing the 750 twice a day. I just had to convince a brand to keep it in, one that normally will go the extra mile on pricing…

1 Like

Yeah, I remember any actual Mediator product, even standalone, not being cheap. I assume you mean 1500mg/day of the 50%, yielding 750mg/day PA, or are you doubling it? I know a lot of us on another forum doubled the standard PA dose when it first came out to see, and enjoyed it, but it was damn pricey. Lecithin granules were much more doable for 1500mg/day of actual PA, assuming you could afford the calories and fat.

1 Like