Any suggestions on a good diet(strictly food) for cognition and focus

I’m looking to better my brain. Exercising is great, but I want to more intentionally eat in a way that boosts my clarity and focus. Any ideas, or meal plans?

Not that I could ever manage it, but I have heard that the keto diet has cognitive benefits

Try to eat more of these foods

2 Likes

Yeah, I have tried it. I wanted something new, but I may just go back to that.

Why can’t you manage it?

Once you get the hang of it, you can do more intense stuff. I did 40 days of 2 1/2 day fasting, where my food intake was only keto/low carb.

Eggs.
Red meat.
Grape juice.
Orange juice.

For everything to be great with your body and brain, it’s enough to eat protein, vegetables, fruits, porridge, some nuts and healthy oils. Done))

I just don’t think it matches my personal goals. If I was looking to be generally healthy or go on a diet, I think I could manage it, but my current goals are strictly powerlifting, so keto would be suboptimal for performance

1 Like

Honestly, I never knew what porridge was. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Totally agree. When I did Keto(and fasting as I referenced a few responses ago), I was trying to get lean, and also wanted to see how my brain would be affected. I heard about things like concord grapes helping the brain, but it conflicted with my keto goals. But now that I am not doing Keto, I started wondering what other cognitive( non supplement) diets were out there.

My main goals now are getting lean, brain function, and strength training.

1 Like

Also, welcome to Priceplow!

1 Like

magnesium (l-treonat)
amono-acids
b-complex

of course, you want only food…okay. You should eat more mono-fats+mineral waters with magnesium and other salts, also don’t forget about healthy sleep and deep relaxation. Some good tips you can find at article (click link). They are workable for your problem too. But the first things in your list should always be sleeping, walking, fat food (fish fat meat, nuts, butter etc)