Animal Snak Frosted Oatmeal Raisin Protein Bar Review

Animal SNAK Frosted Oatmeal Raisin Protein Bar Review

Taste

Frosted Oatmeal Raisin - Upon opening the wrapper Animal uses a yogurt glaze with real oatmeal and raisins scattered throughout the bar. The first bite has a sweet and luscious flavor to it just like a frosted oatmeal cookie. The yogurt taste was pure and there was nothing artificial at all about it. The sweetness of the raisins pairs perfectly with the glaze to provide a nice compliment to the bar. The chewiness and density of the oatmeal give this a texture, which crumbles in your mouth. Animal Snak did a damn good job replicating one of my favorite cookies into a meal replacement bar. Nitpicking this to a 10 I was expecting a bit more of a pop from the glaze to suit the raisin and oatmeal center. Overall this is very well done considering you are getting everything from natural and whole food sources.

Texture

For an all-natural protein bar these are extremely soft, and by soft I mean you can crumble them with your fingers. I figured Animal Snak would be dense like a FitCrunch, SinFit, or a MuslceTech NitroTech Crunch, but that is not the case. The bar has a nice coating/glaze on top that provides extra flavor and richness. Overall I like these because right out of the wrapper they are great to eat. Some brands are a little too hard, which require you to either let them sit out in the heat or be microwaved to be tolerable. Then there are some companies who are too soft they taste like laffy taffy.

Formula

Per Bar:
Calories ~ 350
10 G Fat
40g Carbs
7g Fiber
25g Protein

Animal Snak uses whole food ingredients like rolled oats, peanut butter, and protein from milk. They also use real honey into the formula and mix these in kitchen aid mixers. These provide up to 27g of protein a bar with no artificial flavors or sweeteners. Some people get a lot of bloating on protein bars due to high sugar alcohols. Since there are no added sugars, which help this, will digest very easy. Animal Snak was made to be an effective meal replacement bar that resembles whole food. Animal did a great job on doing so.

Cost

Box of 12 ~ $20-25
Singles - $2
For a protein bar that resembles a whole food formula make up and packs a ton of quality calories it’s a very hard deal to pass up. If you just want to try out one bar you can find them for around $2 on multiple webpages. That is going to be cheaper then picking up anything local in a grocery store, which is a fantastic deal. Given the flavor, profile, and texture of these bars I would highly suggest them for someone who wants a very easy digesting and great tasting product.

1 Like

I will be picking up these either way. Snak bars, all flavors, taste amazing to me so considering the main staple ingredients are the same, it will taste pretty damn good.

1 Like