Animal Pump Reformulation

I’m a sucker for lemonade flavors

“but its main medical application now appears to come from its actions in benefit of cognition”

Well worth investigating

1 Like

Daily use with what I understand but that’s common with adaptogens. Theoretically, it should have acute effects with cognition and recovery. But then again, it needs more research but it’s a very interesting compound.

I am personally not a fan of Blue Razz but it sells well so people like it

1 Like

I don’t really see it being that useful in a PWO until we know if it has acute effects TBH. We know things like rhodiola have acute effects, so it makes sense, but I don’t know about this one.

Definitely a solid ingredient, but I think daily use makes the most sense.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4948208/

Yeahhhhhhhh, I know. I use it every once and a while so I can actually enjoy it again. It was just flooding the market for so long, that you get burnt out after a while

At least one flavor on the fruity side so it can be mixed with other PWOs.

If a company could make a pre-workout that tasted like water, I’d be their first repeat customer.

1 Like

Said no one ever?

In all fairness, unflavored almost never is actually “no flavor.”

Oh I get that, reason I said water flavor :smiley:

“Flavor free” might be the right word

1 Like

This is what was said about Betaine, rhodiola, sensoril etc. We don’t know acute effects really because it has not been studied however many long term ergogens that take more than an acute dose find their way into pwo.

We do know that rhodiola has acute effects.

My belief is that if it’s something that likely needs to be used daily, it shouldn’t be in a PWO. You’d need to take it daily anyway, so you’d likely end up doubling up on a lot of things between your daily staple(s) and your PWO.

Just my $0.02, and I respect others views of course.

Edit: something like Sensoril may be an exception, as even if the actual ergogenic effects take time to work, the subjective calming effect may be present acutely to balance out the stimulants in a PWO. Something like Creatine will have no real PWO value though, for example.

1 Like

Agreed on the creatine. I prefer to take creatine separately

Your edit is kind of my point. I believe shilajit may have acute benefits especially associated with removal of lactic acid, ability to cross the bbb etc. It just hasn’t been proven.

Ok. Fair enough. I just see very promising research on daily use, so figured I’d just use it daily, to be more sure I’m getting the most out of it. It may be a mostly moot point for people that take PWOs 4-5+ times a week though lol.

I’d love to see a new ingredient or unique nitrate added. That’s probably what I’d buy in a heartbeat.

Vaso6 and Nitrosigine are my highlights for pump though, if you’re looking for good staples.

Why a “unique” nitrate? Isn’t the primary benefit going to be the nitrate anyway? Creatine nitrate, potassium nitrate, betaine nitrate; I use them all for the nitrate.

I’ve always wondered that as well. It seems like NO3-T is just nitrates in general, doesnt matter whether it’s betaine or arginine nitrate from what I’ve gathered