Why EAAs are the New BCAAs: Essential Amino Acids Stage a Coup

Thank you Shorts…

1 Like

And to confirm that’s 10g of EAA’s not 10g of AA’s correct?

1 Like

Correct. 10g essential

2 Likes

HydroBCAA is awesome and actually in our Top 10… I just couldn’t list them all and I threw PES in instead because of the leucine. You’re good to go, we reviewed HydroBCAA very highly. Thanks BTW

2 Likes

If you are a person who is tracking calories and/or macros, should each gram of EAA be counted the same as each gram of protein and four calories?

UPDATE: I have edited this post because it contained factual inaccuracies. Earlier, I was showing Table 1, which was the protein-bound value of BCAAs. We’re looking for the free form calorie total, which is table 2, now shown. See edit history to see differences. Thanks to Alan Aragon for the correction.

Actually this is one thing I was pondering adding to the post, but it really didn’t belong in the context.

But check this out:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/20915822_Energy_content_of_diets_of_variable_amino_acid_composition

BCAAs are more like 4.6 calories per this table… but if you count it as “protein” (4cals) you should be close enough.

2 Likes

Great info and questions guys

Yup. Love that graph, used it a many times.

For essential aminos I would calculate 6-6.5 as well if you’re going to get to that level of detail with macro controls

Sounds like PricePlow needs to do a new list of the best EAA product guide instead of BCAA

2 Likes

Does anyone know if any of these top brands listed here are vegetarian friendly?

Considering that’s a selling point, checking a product description will usually tell you if it is.

2 Likes

Pretty much this, look for “fermented” or one of the brand name animos like “Ajipure”
http://www.ajipure.com/ajipuredifference/resource

Nutrabio’s intra is vegetarian friendly(found in the dietary restrictions tab)

3 Likes

Other than buying in bulk is there any supplement that provides 10g?

1 Like

Now that’s a great question/ ProSuppps is 3G of EAA for example

Two scoops of Humapro, or one scoop of nutrabio intra.

Is it just me or are EAA products way more expensive. Maybe when everyone transitions over to them the price comes down a bit

Ya, once they actuly get a good foothold them the price should come down.

Unfortunately, many (MANY) consumers still believe BCAAs have utility. It’s not as fun to learn about all the essential amino acids as it is to sip on some well-marketed oligopeptides.

4 Likes

Very few and almost none at a single scoop. NutraBio, Primeval, Granite maybe Pes at I am thinking 1.5 scoops. If AA from Cellucor wasn’t a prop I would think two scoops of theirs would and it actually may.

Either way, it’s not really cost effective to try to use 10g EAA’s until more companies switch from Bcaas to full EAA’s which I don’t see happening. Better off using whey

Let’s say one were using EAA’s pre workout and in the interest of being cost effective opted to switch to whey, would they digestion rate of whey interfere with free form amino acids i.e. citrulline?

1 Like