What supplements are you taking to have a fit and healthy body?

I am more into having a healthy body and not so much into making bulging muscles. I am on a vegan diet and taking a personalised multivitamin pill that includes b12 and b6 vitamins from ginihealth based on my dna. Apart from this I do a little aerobic exercises like walking and cycling. I want to know what other people are taking to have a healthy and fit body apart from protein powders.

Creatine, Omega 3 supplement, Vitamin D3/K2, electrolytes

2 Likes

interesting list. I never associated creatine with overall health.

Can you explain how you’re using each of these for an overall healthy body?

1 Like

Creatine is probably the #1 “overall health” supplement. Your grandma should be taking creatine.

Your body uses ATP for absolutely everything, increased ATP = increased function. Even darkweb cryptocurrency nootropic weirdos take it for its mental benefits.

6 Likes

Ahh, yes. I used to use it for that. I guess I will jump back into that. What about the rest of your list?

1 Like

Omega 3 for heart health (if you don’t eat a lot of fish)

D3 is vital for many hormones and body functions. K2 for skin and bone health.

Electrolytes for proper hydration and muscle function.

3 Likes

Every time I go to my doctor, he says my creatinine levels are high. He says “Do you take creatine, you shouldn’t be taking that stuff.” And to that I say, “Bro, do you even lift.” I must be his only patient that exercises. I swear I’m going to change doctors one of these days.

3 Likes

I’ve told this story here before but the first time i got labs done my doc came in with the results and was like
“Do you take supplements???”
“Yeah”
“Like. Creatine?”
“Yeah”
“Okay cool cause your creatinine levels are through the roof so either you take a lot of creatine or your kidneys are fucked and I’m really glad it’s the first one”

2 Likes

“I must be his only patient that exercises.”
I cracked up laughing at that. Why do they object to creatine?

1 Like

bwhahahahaah. At least he was supportive.

1 Like

Either because he’s ignorant about sports supplementation or he is too lazy to order any other tests for me. I’ve probably mentioned this before that I have had a few high cholesterol tests and rather than find out what’s really going on or suggest natural supplements, he just wants to put me on a statin.

1 Like

What’s a statin? I would find a better Doctor. Doctors usually have one specialty, and that’s really all they know. They can’t give you adequate dietary advice or sports/nutrition advice unless they study in the field.

2 Likes

A statin is a prescribed drug to lower your cholesterol.

1 Like

Yeah they go by text book guidance.

1 Like

I get high LDL on my labs sometimes, what’s worked for you?

1 Like

I dont know yet. Im taking berberine, omega 3s, Niacin, NOW Cholesterol Pro. Im also eating a clove of garlic a day. Ive drastically cut egg consumption to only 2 a week and mostly using isolate whey. I’ll get retested next month. If it’s still high I’ll ask for a calcium score test then possibly consider a statin.

1 Like

Big issue with Vampires here…

1 Like

The most important is how you are managing your diet plans along with your supplements. I always look for the clean meal apart from protiens. As a vegan it is important to have a healthy supportive diet plan.

Vegan or not, the diet plan is important.