What supplement, ingredient, workout, food, diet ect do you think is underrated?

@Mike

Here are both

1 Like

So those weren’t fat-adapted / keto-adapted athletes?

I think those are great studies to do for the sake of finding out how it’d go, but from my experiences and understanding, that’s not “how you do it”.

If my assumptions are correct in that they weren’t fat-adapted athletes, you’re giving ketones to a body that simply isn’t used to using ketones - so it’s like giving a new kind of fuel to an engine that doesn’t have the appropriate tooling hooked up to handle that fuel. Things will sputter.

My two cents. Get fat adapted first, then use both and see what happens.

1 Like

Just with 3-5g is enough. You will recover your breath faster than before. Add creatine and Boom

1 Like

great deal!

1 Like

I’ve done this before, it’s otherworldly. Not a caffeine kind of HYPE energy, but a “I will literally never be tired again and can accomplish any physical task” kind of energy.

1 Like

This is actually a better deal I think:

Seems like the Ribose with Creatine is getting discontinued, only 2 of our stores have it left. Tons have the straight D-Ribose in my post tho!

Good point. But it may be your way of properly using them isn’t what is being advertised by companies putting out Ketone supplements.

1 Like

Is there any research articles or commentaries that discuss being “fat-adapted” or having a time lag before the body can switch substrate preference? Sounds really interesting, but wonder what the methodical approach would be to accomplishing it.

So taking ex ketones when not fat adapted isn’t helpful? What about if you are 16h fasted?

16 hours still isn’t long enough. To get in a ketosis state where your body is using ketones for fuel instead of carbs, you need 72 hours. When I mean a ketosis, I am referring to a “true” ketosis state where you are using your body’s own ketones, (endogenous ketones) not external ones (exogenous) that you get from supplements. You want to be using your bodies own ketones, not the external ones. I have hashed this numerous times and this is my big beef with all these ketone supplements. They are falsely marketed and advertised. They should say they are to be used by an individual who is on a keto diet for energy. A replacement for a carb source. These supps will NOT put you in a “true” ketosis state in an hour like they claim.

1 Like

Sleep. So many important factors here ranging from testosterone, GH, cortisol, recovery, MPS, etc.

1 Like

“If you’re taking creatine, and only getting 6 hours of sleep a night, you’re a fucking idiot.”
-Mark Bell (SuperTraining Gym THE strongest gym in the west)

2 Likes

Also, it helps me be less sleepy.

1 Like

I’d say less helpful since your genes probably don’t have those enzymes upregulated enough at that point. But to say that your mitochondria can’t use any of those ketones is a bit ridiculous, so I think it’s “helpful”, just not sure how much.

This is my broscience view on why I’m still more pro-BHB for those who can afford it and are willing to take a bit more time to get into true keto but with less brain fog.

I just have a problem with those selling it as a weight loss aid to regular dieters. It may lower blood sugar a bit, but you’re still just adding more calories to that pig of a diet.

1 Like