Research Confirms it: The "Sugar Coma" is REAL! But When is it Worst?

Research Confirms it: The "Sugar Coma" is REAL! But When is it Worst?
0.0 0

Originally published at:

A double-blind, placebo-controlled study linked reduced attention and response times to glucose ingestion.[1] In short… The sugar coma is real. Hot off the Press! The “sweet” effect: Comparative assessments of dietary sugars on cognitive performance Sugar and caffeine are a match made in heaven for corporations like Monster Energy. For… …(Read more on the PricePlow Blog)

Did it post early again?

Zero Ultra Monster only for me.

[reads this article as I eat my pre-gym gummy worms]

Man this is one buggy WordPress plugin we’re using to hook up to the forum, and this time it wasn’t written by me!

I still need to double-check this post before hitting the publish button, and I wanted a different title too. Hang in there.

You aren’t fooling me! I know you’re releasing these just to tease me. :rage:

SuppVersity already has a blog post on this. Maybe I’ll go read that instead! :wink:

Oh, spoiler, sugar isn’t very healthy.

Oh jeez, I didn’t even notice that. But hey ours is live now, and I think it provides some extra info for you, as well as a meme that will be controversial :wink:

Reading the article, I remembered reading a study once comparing different breakfast macronutrient compositions. I think it was done in adolescents, compared 4:1, 1:1, or 1:4 ratios of carbs to protein. As I recall, the high carb breakfast led to a small improvement in mental performance at 1 hour, but decreased performance afterward. The balanced and high protein breakfasts I think had no change at 1 hour, but improved mental performance up to 4 hours. Something like that.