Protein prior to bed - a study

Long article enjoy

1 Like

No summary or nothing? You’re a cruel man.

3 Likes

Again…

If I have to read it…so do you…

1 Like

Bottom line:

Yes, it’s good for you. Yes, it’s worth it.

Keep consuming protein. Got it.

1 Like

& have them with fats

1 Like

Here’s the Conclusions, you lazy bastards :stuck_out_tongue:

Protein ingested prior to sleep is effectively digested and absorbed during sleep, thereby increasing plasma amino acid availability and stimulating muscle protein synthesis during overnight sleep in both young and old. When pre-sleep protein intake is combined with exercise performed the same evening, overnight muscle protein synthesis rates will be further increased. Protein ingestion prior to sleep can be applied in combination with resistance type exercise training to further augment the gains in muscle mass and strength when compared to no protein supplementation. However, whether this beneficial effect on pre-sleep protein ingestion on muscle mass and strength gain during resistance-type exercise training are due to an increased total protein intake rather than by its specific timing remains elusive, and warrants further research. Protein ingestion before sleep has been hypothesized to represent an effective nutritional strategy to increase daily protein intake and, as such, to attenuate muscle mass loss in hospitalized older adults. In more clinically compromised older populations the combination with exercise or exercise mimetics (such as NMES) may further increase the efficacy of pre-sleep protein ingestion to improve overnight muscle protein balance.

2 Likes

So they refused to specify which protein was used.

Probably wasn’t MRE Lite.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised… fed it through a tube lol

more specifically Eighty:20

3 Likes

Even more specifically Vanilla Eighty:20

1 Like

best vanilla in the world…just in water.

1 Like

Was going to buy a sample but $11 for one serving is steeeeeep

2 Likes

i agree. DM address and we’ll get you one.

3 Likes

^ Good CS right there.

thank you. shopify doesn’t give much freedom, flat rate shipping or rate per order. Rate per orders is usually more for a typical order.

Got my samples, thanks for sending two of each, so I was able to try with milk and water. Was pleasantly surprised with the texture and sweetness. Most of the caseins I’ve tried are gritty and lose strength of flavor if you try to compensate with more water.

1 Like