Preferences on Sleep Aids

Pharmafreak GH Freak is the best I have ever used.

1 Like

Okay, maybe not. :smiley:

@Brawn, my wife swears by benedryl…knocks her right the f* out. Doesn’t do crap for me. It does make me more tired, but doesn’t help me sleep; so I’m stuck in some weird state where I feel like I should fall asleep, but can’t.

I’m playing around with 5-HTP, which seems to work okay. 150-200 mg about an hour before bed seems to help. Also found it helps with curbing my desire to drink booze.

However, if I have an intense workout in the afternoon (finishing up about 4 hours before bed time), nothing helps. I just have to ride it out waiting to fall asleep.

1 Like

Yep. Benadryl works great and its cheap. I don’t use it all the time but when I do need it works.

1 Like

Also don’t forget about some non-supplemental things (outside of training):

• No blue light! Stop looking at your phone before bed, and on laptop/PC use f.lux or redshift or similar app
  • Darkness. Blackout curtains are awesome
  • White noise may help. But less good in case you need to watch out for intruders! :stuck_out_tongue:
3 Likes

ZMA works well for me. Although being that it gets dark at 5pm here in MN winters, I have zero trouble falling asleep right now. In the summer I take O.N. ZMA pills about 30min before targeted sleep time and conk right out till morning.

Make sure you allow at least 7 hours of sleep though! Otherwise be prepared to be a little out of it in the AM.

1 Like

@Brawn, @TheChadd

Be careful with habitually using anticholinergic drugs like benadryl. Chronic use of benadryl and its ilk have been shown to liken your chances of developing dementia and other cognitive diseases.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2091745
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/common-anticholinergic-drugs-like-benadryl-linked-increased-dementia-risk-201501287667

4 Likes

Have had f.lux on my Macbook for 3 years now and will never go back. Can’t believe it’s free, very useful app.

3 Likes

I don’t use it everyday, just those rare days I can’t sleep. But Benadryl is one of the most effective ways to sleep and its definitely the cheapest. You can get hundreds of tablets of these things for just a few bucks!

2 Likes

As I’m an entrepreneur I took nootropic sleep aid supplement for deep healing sleep.

I started taking Valyrian Root as a stand-alone, about 2 months ago.

My sleep has been incredible - and I’ve had sleep issues since I was 16.

1 Like

Supp wise here are my current favorites and take it from a guy who suffers from severe sleep apnea. Stupid mask can be annoying but useful. I typically watch out for the dose of melatonin.

1. Sedative by glaxon (ice melon flavor rocks)
  2. Amino PM
  3. Blade PM
  4. Genius sleep aid (this one’s more of a lull you to sleep slowly vs knock you out. Feels more natural but all depends)

I react well to phenibut and GABA. I cycle my sleep aids meaning I only take them night before a workout so I get 2-3 days of normal falling asleep. Works well as I haven’t developed any weird reliance on ingredients.

3 Likes

The 5% sleep aid is one I have on hand when a good nights sleep is an absolute must.

I’m curious as to what you do the other 95% of the time.

3 Likes

“Whatever it takes…babe”

1 Like

I should add that Kodiak Coma works amazingly well too, but holy hell that is a knockout! HUGE dose, so if you are not used to Phenibut not suggested. I dig it but even that is too much for me as a multiple a week use!

1 Like

Gotta snap up that coma before they reformulate.

1 Like

ahh are they reformulating it? i hope glaxon keeps sedative the way it is and just better… the saddest reform was RCSS Resurrection.original was AMAZING new one GARBAGE! hate when they mess with the things I love lol!!

My mistake. They already reformulated it and I was looking at the old label.

1 Like

Ironically, Coma and Sedative kept me up and give me restless sleep.

I’ll never understand why. I used the whole bottle of each to make sure it wasn’t an adjustment period issue. They just didn’t work well for me.

Resurrect PM from RCSS kept me up at night years ago when it first released

1 Like