New supplement thread

makes perfect sense to me.
unfortunately people with youtube channels who talk about fitness, health and nutrition etc. are not scientists. i am all for doing instead of theorizing but it takes thousands of hours to understand neurochemistry and cellular biology just a little bit.
at 20 nobody cares but you can be 50 and healthy and in great shape or a wreck. can’t lift weights when one is half-dead…lol.

hence why ara may be more beneficial in a 1 month context but in a year a bunch of antioxidants will have more benefits.

also has anyone made massive gains with ara and whey, leucine, PA etc.?
i doubt that it is worth the increased risk of chronic and even lethal illnesses.

but i suppose most don’t really give a shit about what i write. is there a pm function?

1 Like

4 Likes

I like PA…I’ve used PA(7) from HPN. Is there something I’m missing about it? @TheSupremeSoul

Not blown away by either of these.

Ration Cookies and Creme - Its ok, initial taste is good, but has a salty aftertaste. Had to take a second look at label and saw there’s 180 mg of sodium, not sure why. Interesting take on C&C, there are a lot better out there

MRE Bar Sprinkle Donut - This one is not bad, but definitely not a donut taste. I’m with @Matt_Towson that it should of been called birthday cake or sugar cupcake lol. If you don’t like overly sweet things, stay away.

3 Likes

natural is good and all but I’d imagine some people might not like the high sugar. I’m pretty iffy myself because of the fructose.

golf claps bows head in awe of pun
I salute you

1 Like

Thank you…I’ll be here all week…tip your waitresses.

1 Like

it’s probably one of the very few healthy mtor stimulating substances there are. seems to work well combined with ampk activating products too.

the thing is that localized inflammation is at the core of the anabolic cascade. so some people think taking antioxidants will negate muscle growth. this inflammation is triggered by microtraumata which are best caused by max.mechanical tension. that means heavy weight, as fast as possible while having control over it and maximum stretch (going as far as possible during the eccentric movement). basically systemic inflammation, igf-1, mtor are all things that accelerate development of diseases, growth of cancerous cells, premature death of healthy cells (hence why androgens cause acne, hyperkeratinization, meaning dead skin cells stuck and clogging the pores. inflammation adds to that and hairloss works in a similar way.)

strangely the more anabolic the slower metabolism. on test, deca, dbol one can gain massive weight barely eating. it is all a lot more complex than anabolic/catabolic, deficit/surplus, lose or gain.

there is simply more benefit to being able to eat a lot more carbs and having them absorbed by muscle tissue, preventing diabetes and keeping mitochondria functioning properly compared to the mild decrease in anabolic response to a workout caused by antioxidants/ampk activators. in isolation, regarding one workout it is a different story then over, say, a year.

PA(7) is something i would use but if i can spend only that amount and buy one supplement i would prefer something else.

i wonder how biotests indigo3g compares to things like pterostilbene or gynostemma/trans-tiliroside. 1 month of indigo and i could get 2 bottles of ampk activator and 180 caps of 75mg pteropure. or ampk activator, dna dispatch, PA(7).

regarding massive protein diets including whey, bcaas, protein bars etc. i see them as unnecessary and taking away from other foods containing important micronutrients. 10lbs. of muscle is 900g structural protein. if one gains that in one year (which is a lot), then that is barely 3g of protein a day utilized for muscle growth. as weight training will make the body use protein to repair microtraumata and even in absence of any protein will take it from other tissues the ear of catabolism and/or not taking in enough protein for muscle growth is unwarranted.

1 Like

That’s good information - thank you

More than 20% please…lol some people still don’t grasp the fact that people in the service industry do not get paid more than $2 hourly which goes to taxes. But that’s a discussion for another day.

1 Like

Ahh we are among the few that recognize the work put in by the Industry

1 Like

MRE Bars came in last night. Got the 40% off glitch at VS with another 15% off for picking up in a store, so I grabbed a box of blueberry cobbler for $17. Real good. Can’t quite place the aftertaste, but very good, especially for the ingredients. Had one after the gym and handed a couple out last night to the few lone non-vegans at a protest, because I’m crazy like that. They were a hit! Having another one as a morning snack right now. Don’t think these are worth the price premium over the Animal Snaks, but they are damn tasty.

1 Like

I think they are really good…And I agree that the Animal Snak bars really good as well. Great for snacking (in place of Oreos or Chips Ahoy)…

1 Like

Yeah, I just have reservations about the macro profile since it’s not disclosed and beef/chicken/etc proteins are notoriously poor in amino acids, even though RC1 says these aren’t collagen proteins like those usually are. Plus I’m lean bulking and don’t mind the extra 7g protein and 120 calories in the Animal Snak.

I’m astounded at how fucking good protein bars are now, I remember 2-3 years ago when Quest bars were the end-all be-all. But these new ones? Damn, I could live on these.

Oh I definitely remember how bad bars used to be…the old school PowerBars were ‘interesting’ to say the least.

And I’m not one that looks like Macros/Micros/ or for that matter any other type of ‘ros’…I know my diet isn’t great…

1 Like

I meant amino profile, not macro profile. Whoops! But oh man yeah, I remember my first powerbar. Yuck.

2 Likes

If they don’t make minimum wage in tips aren’t the restaurants required to pay them at least that amount?

yes in theory, but in practice that never happens.

Differs from state to state. All I know is I’ve done this full time before moving to a much better career field for 5 years. I still do it part time, and you get some of the most awesome people but then you also get the absolute shit stains of society who leave $1 but take up your entire section for 4 hours. There’s good and bad days

1 Like

Maybe that mask scares them away