New supplement thread

Why buy protein powders then as well? It’s just way easier to consume a ton of calories as a liquid than eating

1 Like

If I don’t have a blender, just a shaker bottle at work or on the go, then just having one powder is much more convenient. Especially if I don’t want to have to eat/bring multiple things. For under $2 it’s not like it’s terribly expensive. But those $3-4 gainers, yeah, I definitely agree with you.

Have you ever noticed the majority of PES athletes are female? Do you really see most of those bikini and figure girls slurping down mass gainers or over 400 calories a shake on the daily norm? Doubtful

Who says everyone has to eat a large amount of calories for their goals? I know plenty of people who can easily eat 2000-3000 calories daily with ease if they make smart food choices and don’t Slave themselves on overpriced gainers

Like I said convenience is the only factor but I personally would just opt for a protein powder at a cheaper cost and additional carbs from food

I mean hell a banana is what 10 cents and scoop of whey under a dollar

You got 30g of carbs right there for 1/10th the cost

1 Like

Holy cow
$63 for Chemist Intra-Workout
WOW

And no EAAs? You can buy any number of other products and just add fancy carbs to them for that price lol.

And the d-ribose is dosed low too, and even then, the research on it period is conflicting, and even the most recent study that noted benefits with 10g seemed to note and discuss that it only helped subjects in the lower of the two fitness groups, so it’s debatable that it would even do anything for advanced athletes at all.

I’m very, very underwhelmed by not only the profile and price, but in the company’s response to legitimate questions.

Edit: there are some studies showing d-ribose benefits in trained individuals, but that’s with 10g/day every day, not 5g only on workout days.

So 1/3 the HICA dose and 1/2 the d/ribose dose, ingredients that should probably be used daily, plus no EAAs, in an intra-workout.

1 Like

I’m sure that 10 grams dextrose is really worth that price.

As for mass gainers, I actually like Major Mass from VMI, but not as a mass gainer, more as a pre-workout meal on some days. Still, I used to get in trouble at GNC when I recommended 2 scoops of whey, pre-blended oatmeal, milk, and peanut butter as a mass gainer instead of Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass

1 Like

Perhaps he ventured to the Himalayan Mountains to acquire the sea salt…

6 Likes

Well that is PES specifically, not mass gainers as a whole, which I figured is what you were commenting on. As for the business decision, that’s a separate argument I can’t really make an informed comment on.

Well no one, that’s why it’s a separate product option, nothing wrong with variety.

Overall it ends up being personal preference, which is pretty much the common theme. As long as products are safe and disclosed, more options can’t really hurt the market.

I personally am awaiting the Shift Reformulation their reps talked about over a month ago. I hope it goes in a positive direction and not in a downward spiral like we saw with Alphamine, Norco , and the DC of ergonine…

1 Like

Yeah, they were very solid across the board at one point.

1 Like

63 bucks for 20 servings. Wow that is insane. I can add this to the list of products I’ll probably never try. Do we really need to be marketing names vs quality in the support world. Ahh well

2 Likes

Lol. Unless you hate eating and can’t get enough calories - I 100% agree. Why would I drink 800 calories, if I can eat 4 servings of cereal and two tablespoons of peanut butter? Haha.

3 Likes

Well yeah, of course you can do that. I’m a fan of Carb10 and like how they included that

Ok yeah…that’s way more than I’m willing to pay for an Intra.

Yep…corporate was hella strict on us when I was there. I eventually just stepped out and found way better employment elsewhere

Stacked with the pre and you got yourself a $5+ workout :+1:

4 Likes

Holy s**t.

Is the Guerilla in Guerilla Chemist referring to getting smaller than normal doses of ingredients at a time a la Guerilla warfare?

3 Likes

never want to hear another person bitch about the price of SizeOn now lol

3 Likes