New supplement thread

Also, I think GC May have read one of the lion’s mane studies wrong:

From his IG post:
“250mg of LME 3x a day.”

From the actual study:
“The test food was 250 mg tablets containing 96% of Yamabushitake, prepared by adding silicon dioxide and fat to Yama- bushitake powder, and tablets of the same shape con- taining cornstarch and lactose instead of Yamabushitake powder (Table 1). The nutrient composition of the test food is shown in Table 2. The subjects took four Yamabushitake-containing or placebo tablets three times a day for 16 weeks.”

It’s NOT 250mg 3x a day. It’s 250mg (x4) 3x a day.

Surely that’s not MS-quality analysis. :wink:

It absolutely is.

It’s dead, move on already. If you don’t know who the Guerilla chemist is, then there’s no point in continuing this conversation

Your entire defense of his questionable choice to use a proprietary blend and not disclose standardization of rhodiola relies solely on his qualifications, that you trust him to do it right even if you can’t check it. If he’s basing his formulation on misinterpretation of studies, then that calls the whole “master formulator” thing into question, no?

I’m now onto ovjective ingredient discussions and analysis of the product that was mentioned ITT. You’re the one defending the product with the person, which is why I had to ask who the person is. :slight_smile:

Am I reading the study wrong? Is it not 4x250mg 3x a day?

9,247g of actives and 5,753g of fillers, massive prop blend, in 2019. This cannot be defended.

3 Likes

Didn’t even realize the amount of inactives, good point

2 Likes

but bro… he is the Guerilla Chemist!
it must be good

2 Likes

I think the GC is hoping his reputation will slow him to use the defense of l “My products are so good, that everyone would copy me if I disclosed them”

It’s a bold move even for him. This label is packed. Would I try it, even though I know I don’t tolerate Alpha-Y well? Sadly I would, because I want to give good feedback to you guys. Haha.

Would I pay money for this? Child please…:.

2 Likes

Him and his crew of fanboys went berserk when I posted everything I Said on social media

His reply
Maybe pre workouts are not for you if you want strong energy for the gym.

That’s as bad as BPI saying Buy our products for absorption or mouthfeel

3 Likes

Yep. And when I asked if the rhodiola is standardized for anything they said the whole formula is standardized for awesomeness. Truly an answer befitting a chemist who we’re just supposed to take at his word that his product is perfect.

2 Likes

I’m gonna go ahead and say I won’t trust a product that can’t even spell rauwolscine right. Maybe it’s a different spelling but I’ve never seen it spelled like that

2 Likes

I value everyone’s opinion, and I’ve stated mine. Let me fan boy out a little bit. If the product sucks, I’ll let that be known. Just because I’m a fan doesn’t mean I’m going to back up a crappy product if that’s what it is in the end. Let’s agree to disagree and drink coffee, be merry, and eat copious amounts of food instead

3 Likes

Everyone can bond over bulking season and coffee that’s for sure

2 Likes

Now the real question…what type of coffee? Anyone up for Cuban?

2 Likes

It’s always in my cupboard

1 Like

Kinda of want to try Ambrosia’s coffee as well as Outbreak’s. So much stuff to try

1 Like

I don’t think anyone said they believe it’ll be a “bad” product, just that how it’s labeled and how the company is defending their decision is something a lot of people don’t want to support, as it’s the opposite of the direction most companies are moving towards and people want.

It’s two different arguments/topics entirely. And not disclosing the caffeine content is pretty insane in 2019. Is is 200mg? 350mg? 500mg?

Also, can I get someone to agree or disagree about the dosing in the lion’s mane study? I think that’ll be a big tell; if GC read the study wrong I think that’s a major issue if he used it to formulate his product.

2 Likes

They’ll disclose the caffeine content. It’ll be at the bottom of the label similar to Myoblox. I’m ALWAYS in support of disclosing caffeine, and even though it isn’t in this, Alpha-Yo as well. I do agree with a few of your points and disagree with others. That’s all part of the fun of debating. I do respect your opinion though, even if it doesn’t come across as such

1 Like

Ethiopian, hands down! But not economical for everyday consumption.

1 Like