New supplement thread

Cellucor will have deals, and if you are patient I bet you will be able to find it for much cheaper then $70 for a full size tub.

1 Like

So you’re with Glaxon or not?

1 Like

Even the CEO’s last post on IG was back in October

so I am leaning more towards the bummer aspect lol. I loved Amino PM, but mostly the taste was not great, effectiveness was awesome. the pre Cre-XS was also a lot of fun to run! Just an expensive brand if not on sale

2 Likes

What? It tasted like Bazooka Joe bubblegum! Do you hate America?

1 Like

LOL… the Pineapple Mango was okay, and the Goodnight Grape was terrible

Very steep price. Not worth it imho. Nootropic/focus lacking more punch. NALT? go with L-Tyrosine instead.

I personally like the formula, and as I said above that is what will be sold via direct. Once it hits other 3rd party suppliers and when deals are ran you will find it for much cheaper.

C4 Ultimate is one of my all-time favorite pre-workouts, and this will be that much better with the extra raw actives and patented ingredients. If you want to pass, by all means, you are free to invest your money elsewhere.

3 Likes

This is correct.

Yes w/ Glaxon. Is this the firing squad? You have questions? Go ahead and shoot.

3 Likes

Why make people go through the hassle of measuring half scoop servings vs just using one and two scoop servings?

1 Like

(I mistakenly posted this reply down on the C4 thread, so I am re-posting here)

Alright, let’s take this one subject by subject.

I believe your understanding of this is accurate, and we expected to have a ton of WTF with this one. It’s simply put, misunderstood.

1. This product isn’t designed to be Keto. It’s not designed specifically to be an intra-workout either, although it can be. This product literally has no category. It’s a nutrition-hack take on your everyday Powerade or Gatorade if you will. It’s meant for a utility to be consumed anytime, from your soccer mom her bratty gamer son, so let’s start there. This is an “energy drink” in the sense that it focuses more on ATP but does contain approximately 100mg of naturally occurring caffeine. However, used in utility as an intra-workout, it can be cost-prohibitive to possibly produce a product with sufficient levels of both carbs & ketones, while trying to reach a price that is digestible.
  2. It’s not meant to have EAA’s. We have EAA’s - if you want EAA’s take EAA’s.
  3. I don’t call the pricing - this one was an inhouse formula favorite of our CEO that just so made it to market, why? because we found ourselves drinking it every day and just like it.
  4. Proprietary Blend, this is the only product in the entire lineup with a prop blend. We can disclosure it but it doesn’t do us any favors, because like I said, this product is simply misunderstood. It’s not for just working out or performance, but it can be with the correct utility.
  5. If you are looking for us to “earn your trust” via product integrity etc… Just know that we made this for us. This is our in-house sipping by the water-cooler drink that we enjoy and decided to give it a whirl at-market. If you find it compelling, great. If not, you don’t have to love it. Some things are passion products, we are passionate people, I hope you can appreciate that.
6 Likes

Awesome. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to answer questions and respond to feedback/criticism:

Regarding Hybrid, and the doses you’re using of various ingredients, especially with the references/citations you use for them on your site:

So, we know that, per full/max serving, there’s 9g carbs, with d-ribose being listed second. So it’s can’t possibly have more than 4.5g, and even having that much would mean having literally no HBCD, which I’d hope they have a fair bit of, not just having it as label-dusting or window-dressing.

Anyway, you reference a study on d-ribose that used 10g/day d-ribose, which is more than twice as much as the most you can possibly have in their product at the full serving size.

Then you reference a study on HBCD that used 15g, when your product can’t have more than 3g, considering it’s listed third in a blend that has a total of 9g. And to have maximum of 3g HBCD, that means the maximum dose of the aforementioned d-ribose would also be ~3g, or even less than the 4.5g previously calculated as the most, which would be even less than the 10g from the study they referenced.

It seems sort of disingenuous to me to reference studies on ingredients that use ~2-5x the dose you have, no?

Now, I’m not going to suggest that HBCD is useless at doses less than 15g, as that’d be silly, but do we have reason to believe that the doses of d-ribose and HBCD used here, paired with some maltodextrin, will provide the same benefits referenced in the study, even though you’re only using a fraction of the total dose(s) the study did?

Also, it’s already been mentioned elsewhere I see, but it looks like there IS some caffeine in Hybrid, which you admittedly do mention in your writeup on your site, but the supplement facts don’t appear to even mention that the product contains any caffeine. Even if it’s not a ton of caffeine, it seems sort of misleading to not even let consumers know at all that a product does indeed contain at least some caffeine, no?

1 Like

Wait, how much caffeine does this product have? It’s 100mg caffeine per full scoop? Over on Stack3d’s Instagram someone with Glaxon’s official page says it’s “less than or equal to 25mg of caffeine” when this issues was brought up. So is it 100mg or NMT 25mg? If it’s 100mg per serving, it’s even more inexcusable to not even mention that there’s any caffeine in it on the supplement facts…

Don’t have high expectations on that, it’s just the naturally occurring caffeine content in a simple PE extract. It’s not intended to be substantial, but a very light pick me up.

Regarding Adrinall:

It appears that you are listing when ingredients are standardized, and what they’re standardized for, if/when they are.

So is your “Bacopa monnieri” not a standardized extract? You mention what just about every other herbal extract is standardized for, and how much, but you don’t even claim the bacopa is an extract, forget if it’s standardized, let alone for what and how much.

So it’s not 100mg then? You just said:

Is that not in reference to Hybrid? Because we were definitely discussing Hybrid, no?

Not standardized, but I like how you can read between the lines.

1 Like

Is it at least an extract? Or just bacopa powder?

Any reason why you’re not using a standardized extract when there’s a ton of really solid human research that (edit: almost) all use standardized extract? Whether it’s Bacgonize or KeenMind/Synapsa/CDRI-08, it seems we have a pretty good idea of the established dose range with standardized extracts, and also that it really works best with daily use for multiple weeks. Studies are mixed on acute effects, and that’s with high doses, but admittedly users do anecdotally report a calm feeling with acute use of high doses at times. You even admit as much in your writeup.

1 Like

I’d be fine with moving all my criticism to a single thread. That way people can ignore me if they want to, which I’d totally understand if people wanted to.