Favorite Energy Supplement

More great suggestions here. I have those AdvancedGG samples still. I’ll have to save those for a fun day!

1 Like

i’d reach for an RTD on these type of days, C4 smart or ghost energy i also will add Genius Mushrooms in as well for a more rounded energy, focus stack.

4 Likes

I have a hand in formulating products, so I don’t really want to start rating things that explicitly for fear of it being considered biased and a conflict of interests keeping me from true objectivity (even if I believe it wouldn’t be). But I can talk about my thoughts on ingredients, doses of ingredients, and that sort of thing. Like I’ve made my thoughts on NALT clear, and my thoughts on what 500mg lion’s mane is going to do, etc. haha.

But I’m definitely down to see how everyone rates things and what the educated consumer’s views and likes look like!

1 Like

I have no tried any Ghost energy lol.

Depends on how you respond to things like Cognizin, Alpha GPC, or NeuroFactor, etc…

Focus? Energy? What are you after?

I think for work and mental edge, Ghost Energy and C4 Smart Energy are your best bets. If you are looking for an irresponsible stim dose - then maybe a Reign or Prosupps Hyde RTD are more up your alley.

2 Likes

Definitely down to be a little irresponsible as long as there is something else besides caffeine to support mood :grin: FPS, AdvancedGG, Bacchus, Overtime have my attention.

I was checking out the Chaos and Pain site and Cannibal Genius looks like a fun ride.

I’m not too sure on those individual ingredients.

Ohhh this makes so much more sense to me now haha. I wonder all the time how the fuck does this guy know so much about ingredients haha. I think I am smart till I read the boards haha sounds good brother.

Any thoughts on ripfactor? Some new prop ingredient I see by alpha lion

1 Like

PLT, who make RipFACTOR, are legit, so it’s not like it’s just one of those BS “trademarked ingredients” where a company just takes some random extract and throws some silly name on it in their formula and acts like it’s some super-special branded ingredient.

We have a placebo-controlled study on it:

But I can’t find anything besides just the abstract, even when accessing what is supposed to be the “full text,” so I’m not 100% sold on anything based on one study where I can’t even actually read anything more than a very brief extract.

I’m not claiming that the ingredient is bunk, only that I can’t really be sold on it based on such preliminary research that apparently isn’t even fully accessible ATM.

2 Likes

FPS also used NALT. Come on guys, be better than that. And it really has to be dosed at 2 scoops to be decent. I think there’s better options out there TBH. I don’t really see too much exciting from GG either besides nooLVL at 2 scoops. You have your caffeine and theanine, which is always nice, but I’m honestly not blown away by 150mg GPC (300mg at 50%), 0.5 or 50mcg huperzine (their wording is ambiguous IMO, but it’s either super low or pretty low dosed), and 250mg choline bitartrate from an acetylcholine perspective TBH. I mean, I guess you have half the “minimum effective” doses for a choline source (GPC) and an AChE-I (huperzine), so together they can maybe get the job done, but that’s at 2 scoops.

I’m also honestly curious how much of a difference there really is between Nitrosigine and nooLVL. They’re both 1500mg Nitrosigine, but nooLVL has an added 100mg of inositol (mixed, not bonded, the inositol is never bonded to the arginine silicate, which is itself arginine bonded with silicon). That’s not taking away from the ingredient, not by any means, as Nitrosigine itself has studies showing cognitive benefits. Part of me can’t help but wonder how much of it is just wanting to, understandably and logistically, differentiate between a product to give gym bros pumps and a product to help gamers game better. You don’t necessarily want a gamer thinking he’s taking a bodybuilding pump product, and you don’t necessarily want a gym bro thinking he’s taking a gamer supplement.

Bacchus isn’t bad, but if you just want to try a big dose of sceletium, I can point you towards a very high-quality affordable extract to give it a go.

Overtime is actually solid at the full dose (assuming you can tolerate the absolutely insane stimulant bomb at that dose lol), but I’d honestly probably split the full dose up into 2 half-doses, which allows for still two solid stimulant servings, and gets you to your daily targets for tyrosine, GPC, and Noopept. I still think the ratio of stimulants to some noots is too high, but it’s still not bad as a whole with that said.

The current version of Genius actually is pretty solid. Very good tyrosine dose, good GPC dose, good rhodiola dose, good bacopa dose, and good caffeine/theanine combo. Not really sold on 600mg lion’s mane extract TBH (I think the simplest and most likely to work route here is just 2-3g/day of fruiting body powder), but 2000-3000mg of lion’s mane isn’t going to fit in caps, and is likely going to really mess up the flavoring of a powdered product. But still, other than that, they got the dosing of their ingredients pretty solid, and didn’t use NALT, so props for that haha.

2 Likes

For just basic “energy” and no performance benefits, my go-to is still the White Monster Zero Ultra… trying out the C4 Smart soon and I’m excited for that.

8 Likes

White Frost Fuel powder is pretty much spot on for White Monster when mixed with very cold water (but not too much water). I treat it just like I treat an energy drink, just caffeine/energy, not nootropics. And it’s very affordable for that. Not a premier nootropic by any stretch of the imagination.

C4 Smart is solid. A step up from your generic energy drinks for sure, and the taste is very good too. Still not really a premier nootropic, but definitely an improvement over the generic energy drink.

3 Likes

A new fuel is coming soon with a modified formula. Once I have details you all will know. I am hoping its out for black friday at a special price/discount. TBD as far as I know

I dont see the company pursuing carbonated flavors anymore, but again not certain. We don’t have a lot of communication as we do not have a rep manager.

1 Like

Very cool. Even if it’s just dropping the norvaline, that’s be an improvement. But more additions/changes/etc. would be solid. I’ll keep an eye out for sure. Probably wouldn’t actually pick it up again if it’s not carbonated, as being a direct 1:1 replacement for an energy drink at a fraction of the price was the primary selling point for me.

That will 100% be done I know for certain. What other changes I don’t know ATM
Carbonated or not even if its a very well flavored powder for the cost per serving as a get me up it gets the job done. That is one of its best selling points IMO

Can it be used as a pre-workout? Sure, but with its profile I find it better as a energy drink replacement/get me up instead of spending $2-3 per can or serving at a local gas station, GNC etc.

1 Like

All this love for C4 in here :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Just got an email from bodybuilding.com for a new brand - Neurohacker. Some pretty steep prices, better be some good shit!

2 Likes

$52 for 15 servings of the first product that’s listed. Yikes

IMO, overpriced. They take a kitchen-sink approach, but dose a ton of their stuff WAY too low. IMO it’d be better to cut the ingredients in half or more and actually dose them properly.

Look at Mind:

500mg ALCAR? 1/4 to 1/2 of the ideal dose.

250mg NALT? Useless, and 1/8 of the ideal dose of the superior l-tyrosine.

200mg taurine? That’s 1/5 of the minimum 1g dose.

80mg DHA? Why?

Granted, you do get full doses of some things like bacopa, rhodiola, decent doe of combined GPC and CDP Choline, caffeine and thanine, etc. but at $139 for 22 servings (which they claim is a 28 day supply)? That’s outlandish. That’s over $6/day. And don’t give me the BS about taking it some days as the optimal route. Bacopa should be taken daily. Rodent research suggests choline works better taken daily than acutely. There’s plenty of studies using rhodiola, huperzine, etc. daily for several weeks with success.

Or even Essentials. $52 for 15 servings, or almost $3.50/serving.

The Good: Bacopa, Alpha-GPC, Rhodiola, Caffeine/Theanine. Etc.

The Bad: 250mg ALCAR, 250mg NALT, 200mg taurine. Etc.

So it’s not a BAD product effect wise. It’s got its benefits and good ingredients/doses, but it’s really overpriced, and a lot of the ingredients are dosed way too low to really help much with anything.

2 Likes

That’s their budget option. The fancy one is $139 for 22 servings!

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t touch this overpriced stuff, just thought it’d be fun for some to take a peek at.