Buying Whey Protein Isolate? Consider This Label Trick

Originally published at: Buying Whey Protein Isolate? Consider This Label Trick…

When it comes to whey protein isolates, these two topped Stack3d’s Protein Wars. But they also passed another test we learned about… come see an isolate-based supplement that didn’t. In our last article, we put together a quick whey protein buyer’s guide, discussing what type of whey protein you should… …(Read more on the PricePlow Blog)

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Let’s talk about cholesterol

This just further reinforces why I only buy Now Sports Whey Protein Isolate (unflavored). Competitively priced, too.
1 scoop is 28 grams, 25 (89%) of which is protein. 5 mg cholesterol.

I have also used Bulksupplements Whey Isolate, which has only 3 mg cholesterol, but I think it tastes a little weird (it was okay, just odd)

This gets me so jacked. Whey Peptide BS will hopefully get the recognition it deserves!

1 Like

So what is the benefit of added dietary cholesterol?

3 Likes

:rofl:

Me and you both.

3 Likes

Gains, at least in older folks.

3 Likes

Huh, statins are associated with increased muscle mass?

Due to the sample size at play(43 total), and the lack of control for protein quality(proteins with cholesterol are generally better then ones without), I would say this needs more research, and the authors do say this

Interestingly this study mentioned in the paper found a significant inverse relationship between HDL and strength in men(aka the high the HDL the lower the strength).