Best BCAA Supplement Buyers Guide with 2019's Top 10

The 1% can make a difference but it genrerally won’t be noticeable to the average guy. Quality proteins generally mean you don’t “need” BCAAs. But hey, we still drink them - because they can be utilized as an instant source of energy by your body and promote MPS “muscle protein synthesis.” (making them popular for pre workout and Intra workout).

And let’s be real… supplements are fun! We know they aren’t 100% mandatory to progress or compete, but supplements our to us, as toys are to children. We get excited to try new things for flavor and results. Be real, we all enjoy supplements.

Companies are starting to get smart and adding different things to their BCAA products, like caffeine, L-Carnitine, citruline, etc… play it smart and you can get a combo product like that, and negate the need to buy 2 separate supplements! My preferred BCAA is BPI Sports’ “Shredded BCAA.” It has a 2-1-1 ratio of leucine/iso-leucine/valine and has L-Carnitine included. It works for me…but everyone is different and has different preferences!

1 Like

I’ve talked to tons of guys that use new products to keep things interesting. Lots of people can lose interest in grinding it out in the gym day after day, but buying a new preworkout, for example, can help keep motivation high. I never have that problem, but for some people, just keeping interest in working out will make a big difference for them.

2 Likes

Yep! Pushing through a rough workout to try out a new protein, etc… we all know the feeling!

1 Like

No Modern BCAA!!! Black Lion Research is coming out with a Vegan BCAA I believe. Supposed to be pretty darn good. Amino IV is good but too sweet. cant finish a tub sadly and I used to love Cellucors Alpha Amino.

Not sure what you meant here. Are you exclaiming it because you think they should have included modern BCAA?

And did something happen to alpha aminos to make you not like it anymore?

Heck yea it should be included. I’m talking a real easy sipper that makes everything better. AlphaAmino was good but honestly switched to Purple Wrath and didn’t turn back. I like Modern BCAA during the day and PW intraworkoit.

I’ve actually never even tried purple wraath. It looks okay and prices generally seem fantastic. I may try it one of these days. Modern BCAA used to be a favorite of mine, but it’s been a long time since I’ve used it. I still can’t figure out what it was, but I always just felt good when I drank modern.

It has an all natural flavoring. So it settles much easier then most BCAA/Intra-workout drinks with the added dyes that can cause some digestion/bloating. I always find Modern to digest very easy. It is not the strongest (due to being all natural and no artificial sweeteners)

Hearing some of the newer Modern BCAA flavors are awesome. Last one I had was Pink Lemonade like 2 years ago.

I email with Jacob frequently but never really talk BCAAs

1 Like

Peach Tea, the Natural Orange are both incredible. Can vouch for both. Honeydew is unique.

Hope to see some reviews on this soon!

I hear these guys are mad about RAW Synergies having a product named “BLACK LION” !!!

I like both companies though!

I honestly would be as well. I cant say anything else about Raw Synergies however. Plenty of love for BLR and the things they are working to bring to the table!

For me RecoverPro is the best. 4:1:1 ratio is great and so the price. Maybe i try i mix of recover pro with the amiNo flow

Ben Pakulski just did a great interview with Dr. Serrano on the Muscle Expert Podcast. I highly recommend it to everyone.

1 Like

I still need to listen to this. Just searched for it.

These make my 1hr commute bearable. Haha.

I’m 8 minutes in - I’ll be listening to the rest shortly. Have always been a fan of his. The issue is that his supplements (BCAA’s) are so expensive)

1 Like