Anavite and 1 Andro?

correct, both 1-androstenedione and 1-androstenediol are 1-AD. Ergopharm offered 1-AD as 1-Androstenediol, however 1-androstenedione was widely available in the 1990’s and marketed the same. PA routinely claimed (and I would assume he is right) that 1-Androstenediol offered a higher conversion rate, however ultimately both compounds convert to the same active compounds, and are more often than not lumped into the same category as one another, being OG 1-AD

That was my thought as well. Guy got popped and blaming a product that may or may not have caused it. Maybe mma fighters should stop buying their supplements at The Vitamin Shoppe LOL😂

1 Like

For the record, the case against Hi-Tech and Gaspari, although I got it from another source – my PACER-fu wasn’t good enough to find it myself:

That’s what I’m saying. You have to question the fact that this guy has a lot to lose by admitting he was purposely taking androgens. It’s the same mentality many people have when their arrested or when children are caught red handed… what can I say or do to avoid the consequences of my actions? Blaming one of the supplements you take is just an easy scapegoat. I would think it would be fairly easy and inexpensive to put some 1 andro liquid or powder in the bottle to coat the tablets making them appear to be “tainted”. I’d be interested to see if there were other unopened bottles from the same batch that are tainted.

WADA found other bottles from that lot and they were tainted.

1 Like

Have they released that data?

It’s in the lawsuit that USADA and the lab LGC Science found it in them, but as far as I know they (USADA) haven’t announced it.

For what it’s worth.

LGC never said they tested the product for all banned ingredients.

They tested it for the ingredients that the athlete failed for.

So not finding other compounds isn’t really relevant necessarily.

I don’t doubt that a company that manufactures WADA non-compliant supplements is an easy target for litigators looking for trace amounts of those ingredients in products.

I think BK has warned for years about litigators retaining lots/batches of products for future lawsuits, looking in advance for banned substances in trace amounts.

This could possibly be an instance of that happening?

pretty crazy “coincidence” how MST’s product also “appears” to be tainted with the same random ass compound eh?

2 Likes

Appears? Is it or isn’t it?

Even crazier:
https://www.bscg.org/certified-drug-free-supplements/?Millennium-Sport-Technologies

Their stuff is batch-tested for a all official banned substances, including those they’re getting sued for.

1 Like

How would I personally know this? Do I believe the MST product is spiked? No, no I don’t. Do I know that for a fact? No, because I haven’t gotten it tested.

To think that a professional athlete managed to find not one, but TWO seemingly benign dietary supplements and they BOTH happened to have 1-androstenedione in them (again, its a very very weird compound to “spike” a product with these days…I can’t really understand why anyone would do it) put this within the realm of “no fucking way” for me.

What is more likely here…the athlete found two totally different products from two totally different companies that are both spiked with 1-androstenedione, or the athlete was using some “extracurricular supplements” he should not have been using?

I know which side of that bet I’d take.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/6O3nPy1zBZs

1 Like

sooo…everyones thoughts on this? Looks like I wasn’t too far off with my points originally :smiley:

2 Likes

My first thought was that I’m not shocked at all.

Boom! Good video explanation.

Here’s why we opened this forum.

I use a service, mention.net to see when people mention “PricePlow” or “Price Plow” out there. Just the free account, so I don’t see everything.

I get this in my email:

“Oh cool, someone posted the video to BBcom forum”… *clicks link*

Lame.

BBcom refugees are of course welcome here once they figure out how pathetic that site’s become.

1 Like

informed consumers… why have those?

yea…I posted it. I figured they’d delete it…and I was right.

argggghhh

2 Likes

Companion post published at https://blog.priceplow.com/industry-news/lyman-good-drug-test-anavite