Amino Acid Spiking Scam: Is Your Protein Really PROTEIN?

what about uk reflex instant whey pro?

Any word on if "premier protein" is legit

Hi!
Intersting artice...
Im use Amix supplements. For ex: Anabolic Monster Whey.
This whey amino spiked or not?

Hi PricePlow, is Dymatize Elite Whey, Universal Whey Pro, Ultimate Nutrition ProStar Whey spiked?

Nice read. I immediately checked my recent purchase of Scitec Nutrition 100% Whey manufactured in EU. As you mentioned the label is in full detail. Protein is stated as 22g/serving and 'Amino Acid Matrix'( pure L-Leucine, L-Glutamine, Taurine, Dextrose) is stated separately 1336mg. Amino Acid Profile is in stated in full detail too. This is how they must be labeled. Whereas Dymatize XT Elite's label does mention L-Leucine in ingredients under 'Soy protein'.

Never seen full lab tests to truly confirm, but the answer is no on all three of them. Pretty trusted brands. Ultimate Nutrition ran into some financial issues a while back, citing "compliance costs" as one of the issues. That's almost a good thing with respect to protein quality, sadly.

Right - in the EU, the labeling laws are different and everything has to be explained better. We don't have a relationship with Scitec but they seem to be very much on the up.

Taurine isn't a bad thing, and just so you know that a gram of your protein might be going to that, then that's your choice. It's not clear as to whether you're getting 28.7g of whey + 1.3g free form aminos, or 30g of whey + 1.3g free form amino's. So until you get confirmation from them (and they've probably clarified this somewhere), assume the worst, which still isn't *that* bad.

Interesting article!

I'm now using MyProtein products (especially whey) and I'd like to know what you think about it.
MyProtein doesn't add creatine or taurine, but glutamic acid (18.1g per 100g) and glycine (1.4g per 100g) in 90% whey isolate formula (https://docs.google.com/vie....
Also an famous italian supplement brand (which clearly proclaims to use just high quality raw material --> Volac) contains glycine and glutamic acid (about the same quantity).

So, my first question is: are products like MyProtein (or BulkPowders, GoNutrition, etc.) legit?

The second question is: what kind of method should I use to examine proteins?
You claimed Kjeldahl Method is no longer acceptable.
So, what method do you recommend?
Some spanish guys used a method called PNT BR, but an italian guy (http://www.bodybuilding-nat... claims that the only professional method (also used by every protein manufacturer) is just the Kjeldahl Method.

Hi guys what can you tell about :
Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein

Is that a good one?

prostar 100% listed all their amino acids in mg individually(6g BCAA)..ingredients pretty much the same as ON gold whey minus aminogen/enzyme complex which is just fancy digestive stuff..highly recommended if youre ok with their crappy taste

Hi guys, can you give an opinion regarding Canadian Protein. They have the complete amino acid profile but I still am not sure whether they spike their protein powders or not. Thanks btw

http://www.canadianprotein....

ty very much for reply

Well the amino acid profile looks good at a glance - 11% leucine is nice. But where is the full ingredients? This doesn't show the actual ingredients - just the nutrition facts and AA profile. But overall, that AA profile seems about right.

Hi there PricePlow, may I know your opinions regarding BSN Syntha 6? any protein spiking going on there? What are your thoughts about Syntha 6's carbohydrate content (seems high, 15 g per serving if not mistaken)?

BSN is owned by Glanbia, the same dairy conglomerate that owns Optimum Nutrition, ABB, and Isopure. We have no third party tests from them, but would nearly guarantee they're not spiking. They get whey at great rates, have huge volume, and are too big of a corporation to risk it.

But yea, with that said, this stuff is more of a "Dessert protein". Tastes crazy fantastic, but you're not getting a good deal in terms of protein. But you can't beat some of their flavors. They do strawberry shake better than most. Obviously not for low-carbers!

Thanks Mike! What other protein blends with whey, egg and casein would you recommend? I'm from Malaysia, and we have Musclepharm, BSN, ON, Dymatize and several more but not as many as the States.

I haven't tried a blend with egg inside since forever, but in general, I've been a Dymatize guy lately out of those you list.

I see.. some of Dymatize's protein blend, the XT or Fusion7 (can't recall) has like 21 g of protein, abit on the low side, what's your opinion on this? Would like to know more about it thanks!

My trick is to calculate the total amount of non-spiked protein per dollar. So multiply 21g by the number of SERVINGS in a tub (ignoring the total pounds/kgs of the tub), then divide by the cost. And compare to others.

The issue with those products is that they have more carbs in them, and oftentimes lower quality protein. So 5lbs of that isn't even close to 5lbs of ISO-100 or Elite Whey, which have less carb content.

BUT... sometimes the price per gram of protein is still way better after doing the math, so if you're cool with the carbs and on a budget, it's worth trying.

Grams of total non-spiked protein per dollar is how we calculate deals on our Supplement Deals page at https://www.PricePlow.com/d...

Ok thanks Mike! What protein blends from Dymatizewould you recommend?