Niagen Research Shows DECREASED Athletic Performance!

Here at PricePlow, we’re always on the lookout for the latest and greatest performance-enhancers being researched for sports supplements. One of the newest potential ingredients that’s has received quite the bit of hype in the past year is known as Niagen. Initial studies on the ingredient showed it was a …
(Read More on the PricePlow Blog)

That's awesome and sad at the same time. Just stick with proven ingredients like creatine monohydrate at 5 grams, beta analine at 3.2 grams, betaine at 2.5 grams a good multivitamin, fish oil, and 3 grams of HMB if your wallet allows and you will see improvements in your performance. No need to try to reinvent the wheel.

1 Like

Has anyone seen any updates on this? I’ve used N® from HPN in the past and really liked it. Admittedly stopped when I read this (ok not as dramatic - I was running out anyway)

1 Like

Big misconception in that Kourtzidis IA study (citation 16) that they cite. The study notes that they gave the rats 300mg/kg of nicotinamide riboside. For a human that weighs 150 pounds (68kg) that would be 20g of NR per day. That is an enormous amount of NR. The human clinical trials done on NIAGEN back in 2013 used just 125mg per day (I could be wrong on the exact amount. It might be 100mg). This is why most NR products suggest a dosage around 125mg per day.

2 Likes

Shaun that is a great point. I just was made aware of that fact. That’s a crazy amount…

1 Like

Hmmm

Here is the problem with your argument. Most of the Niagen studies using rodents which recorded positive results used similar dosing protocols…

I’m not a big fan of Niagen, most things that are “anti-aging” like caloric restriction is not performance oriented. For example, eating to build muscle in a caloric surplus and taking anabolic like substances goes against anti aging protocols.

HPN guy is a nut…Anyone claiming Niagen is like an extra helmet for the brain is not living on the same planet.

So what your’re saying is…

And when does the Vanilla protein return?