Ghost Whey Coconut Ice Cream

Let’s cut right to it - this is phenomenal.

Most everyone here is a big fan of Ghost Whey flavor. I’ve always had Peanut Butter Cereal Milk atop my favorites of theirs. I don’t want to jump the gun, but Coconut Ice Cream could be my favorite whey protein flavor ever. Yeah - not joking, and this is coming from the guy who generally hates vanilla bases flavored wheys.

Let me explain why I feel this way. First take a look at the product - you’ll struggle to see much of a difference in appearance, compared to a vanilla flavor. The first noticeable difference is the aroma. Ghost Coconut Ice Cream smells like a lightly toasted coconut ice cream. It seriously remind me of the “So Delicious Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Ice Cream.” See picture for visual reference:

This tastes exactly like that Coconut Milk Ice Cream in my opinion, except this is a thick and creamy consistency. Truly, this is one of the most creative, most delicious, and most aromatic wheys I’ve ever tried.
It could be a flavor I grow tired of - but I’ve had 2 servings already. One with almond milk and one with water. Ghost is superb with water and even more creamy with milk (almond, cashew, soy, or cow).

The macros are spot on with most Ghost Wheys, coming in at 130 calories and only 1.5g of fat. I’m not sure what adds the creamy consistency, because there is no creamer on the ingredients. Because this flavor is seasonal, I can’t express how much I recommend buying it. If you have even a slight enjoyment or palette for coconut and cream, you won’t regret this buy.

In all sincerity, this might be the best tasting whey I’ve ever had. I’d be silly to make that claim after only a single day and two servings, but I will update this after a week for transparency.

My current ranks (for flavor alone):

Ghost Coconut Ice Cream
Ghost Peanut Butter Cereal Milk
Xtend Pro Molten Lava
OG Spartan Whey CnC
Dynamite iso100 Choc PB

3 Likes

Only had their cereal milk flavor personally and was not a fan of it.

I hated their OG cereal milk flavor. I’ve tried it from three different tubs and I have NEVER given it favorable reviews. Tastes like an icky vanilla IMO.

I also HATE blueberry toaster pastry.

I have to make sure everyone knows I don’t credit Ghost with everything, but the things they do well, they are top of class in flavor.

1 Like

Blueberry Toaster Pastry is my favorite flavor of Ghost Whey
I don’t pick up anything artificial about it (like many claim) and I love the huge chunks of the poptart pieces.

Shows you how everyone has a variance in top flavors
I put Blueberry and Cinnamon Cereal Milk as my top 2 (I know you hate cinnamon Matt)

I also just realized you have no XF 2.0 in your top rankings. Have you never tried it? If so you missed out on some of the best flavored protein offered on the market.

1 Like

Haha. I like cinnamon but the balance has to be perfect. I loved Gaspari’s cinnamon cereal precision protein (RIP). I know it’s still under a High Tech, but the principal won’t let me support that company. Lol.

Xtend Pro Cookie Butter is up there along with my faves and it has just the slightest dash of cinnamon.

if it reminds you of that, it’s horrible and that brand should be stripped of the ability to call their products ice cream. “Frozen dessert”

but i am interested in the this flavor of whey

tastes like tapioca pudding imo and is my fav Ghost whey flavor

i hated it as well.

stay tuned

Sounds like our taste buds are aligned on some stuff and not aligned on others. Hah.

If that coconut milk ice cream were melted, that’s what this whey tastes like imo.

1 Like

mix it with chocolate Fairlife and report back… i want Almond Joy ish flavor.

1 Like

Hmmmm… you’ve peaked my interest sir. Will do.

Matt we have to talk about your ice cream choices, soy delicious? @TheSolution Inkniw you had over 100 different ice creams, help Matt out here

I could give him tons of great ice cream
the problem is most people wont pay for it.

Salt & Straw
Ample Hills
Clementines
Chocolate Shoppe
Graeter’s
and then depending on location and what he may have mom and pop wise.

Most people praise Ben & Jerry’s because its grocery and local, but that is bottom of the barrell for good ice cream (besides a select few flavors they offer… PB world, Glampfire Trail mix, Cinnamon Buns, Chubby Hubby, Milk & Cookies)

2 Likes

trash

Exactly what I said above lol, i would only really have 5 flavors they produced, their best are in the graveyard.(What a cluster, oatmeal cookie chunk, Candy Bar Pie etc.)

Since you are in buffalo → Lake Effect

the worst good ice cream, is how that reads, it’s not even that.

next time you’re up here go to Hertel Ave Poutine & Cream

So much hate. I guess because I’m a physique guy, anything sweet tastes incredible to me. That’s the life when you’re on low macros for 6 months out of the year. : (

For grocery its subpar, but again you have to remember the average ice cream consumer walks in a grocery store and thinks it is top tier.

For most… they have nver heard of Salt and Straw, Ample hills, graeters, Clementines, Milk Made, Chocolate Shoppe and others who churn at 18-20% buttermilk fat, very low overrun (under 30%) and use nothing but house made mix-ins and swirls to churn some of America’s finest.

There is no doubt you will find a nice mom and pop (Pending location) as far as available nationwide i would put those otehr companies i listed above damn near the top for aything you can have shipped to your doorstep. And i could list a boatload more especally around NY who serve some incredible stuff.

Sounds like a great way to have a healthy metabolism.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

and cute board shorts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice review, Matt. This may just be the first Ghost protein that I purchase… a good coconut flavoring is worth it to me!

That’s convenient though, you and your wife get to be on the same fit chick diet :grin:. On a serious note, respect the dedication

2 Likes