DaSlaya's Gamer Up Experience

Why I took this: I love to have an effective nootropic on hand to cure those afternoon blues, so I stay away from those sugary energy drinks and sodas. I have not tried many products my Controlled Labs, so I decided to give this a shot.

gamerup-SF

The nice thing here is there are no filler ingredients that seem to be a waste, and it is a fully disclosed label. The Taurine (enhanced focus, reduced stress), Tyrosine (anti-stress), and Caffiene.

Toothed Clubmoss Aerial Parts Extract at 1% Huperzine A, gives you 200mcg at 1% Huperzine-A.

Lion’s Mane is a fairly new ingredient for me and is a cognitive enhancer. 1g x 3 times a day at 96% purity is recommended, but true dosing is unknown. The purity here is unclear as well.

Bacopa Monnierei is a bit underdosed as you want 300mg with 55% Bacosides. Alpha-GPC is a bit low as well. It is nice to see Lutein in here to promote eye health, but I am unsure on any optimal dosing of this.

Mixability and Taste

This mixes up well as you can see with hardly any foaming and no real residue left over.

Bubble Gum - I thought it tasted pretty great. Real easy to drink, and does have a hint of bubble gum flavor which is pretty cool! If you chug it all down the bubble gum flavor is a bit harsh all at once, but sipping it it tastes fine. This also comes in a Fruit Punch flavor, but I have not tried that.

So Does this work / Closing Thoughts:
In the last month or so since I have been transitioning out of the Army, I have been taking some self study business classes online. It can be very dry at times, so having this to help me focus in on the material was a big help. This gave me a nice boost of energy and good focus for close to 2 hours. I was happy with the results, and in my experience this is up there as a great Nootropic.

I also played a video game after taking this (Destiny 2) and found that my reaction times were increased and I was much more focused on the game than anything else. So the marketing aspect here works out nicely. I have had some good and bad Nootropics in the past, but this makes the list of good ones and I will definitely buy this again in the future.

I got this from Amazon for $22.99 for 30 servings, which is a great deal for the quality you are getting here. I would have loved to see some Mucuna Pruriens in here as I react well to it, but this does a great job without it.

A solid nootropic at a great price point. I have only ever tried Green Magnitued from CL in the past (I know it seems weird, right?) but I will be checking out their other products in the near future.

Disclaimer: This is my first review here on PP, so if something is not right, or I did not include enough info or was too long please let me know.

1 Like

The Huperzine A is 1mcg… unless I missed something

Is that since its 200mcg Toothed Clubmoss Aerial Parts Extract with (1% Huperzine A)?

2mcg rather

All fixed, thanks for the catch! Just like the good ole days :slight_smile:

Is it really that low or just bad labeling meaning 200 mcg from a 1% extract from a 20 mg? 2mcg is a useless dose and 100-200 is pretty common.

I’d wager it’s 200mcg hup-A coming from a 1% extract. Labeling huperzine in a way people will understand is always tricky.

Yeah the conversion always messes me up, fixed the verbage! I wish they would just tell me how much Hup-A is there!!!

I mean if you understand it enough you should read it as 2mcg of Huperzine A lol. Unless they tell me otherwise that’s how I’m going to look at it. I reviewed it on FI and that how I judged it.

1 Like

You’re right, that is how it is worded. I’m just saying that I’ve seen people confused when it’s written correctly too. I guess you could always list the correct mg dose on the right, and with the name and standardization list the yield of huperzine to make it extra clear. If I had to bet, I’d wager it’s 200mcg of huperzine, but you’re right, that’s not what the label says.

2 Likes