MusclePharm Deal Finally TERMINATED by Arnold Schwarzenegger

After years of his good name being dragged through the mud, Arnold Schwarzenegger has finally terminated his relationship with MusclePharm. Arnold released a statement through his social media manager, Daniel Ketchall at Oak Productions: Today we announced the conclusion of Governor Schwarzenegger’s relationship with MusclePharm. pic.twitter.com/pOp1e9Edl4 — Daniel Ketchell (@ketch) …
(Read More on the PricePlow Blog)
MusclePharm Deal Finally TERMINATED by Arnold Schwarzenegger

You forgot to mention that they copied pre-jym line by line and added DAA to the formula then marketed it to the general public "males and females!?"

this is gold. so happy arnold is finally out of that mess.

this is gold. so happy arnold is finally out of that mess.

Are all MusclePharm products awful though? I always got the impression that the Combat Whey was a decent product, and the flavors I've had taste great too.

Of course not. What's cool about Combat Whey is that you can now go and put your lot number into MPSSI to see what quality you get. There's just so much reputation damage done at this point, it's hard to give any blanket recommendations. Fool me once...

I would think someone would find their product placement attractive, I mean they are highly visible, even in walmart. I do like their amino1 and combat powder. Maybe the ever growing high tech pharmaceuticals company would take interest, I mean, that would open up a lot of brick and mortar stores to brands like "I force" and "gaspari".

It's a publicly held company with a market cap of $43.52M. So you'd either need to spend a ton to take it private, or half a ton to own a controlling stake and still not own it all.

Distribution network and brand are definitely worth something though, just not sure if 43mil is worth it for a company whose revenues are shrinking, has pending lawsuits, and isn't profiting.

Someone will probably take it, cut the expenses, and make it work though. Their sales and general administration expenses are killing them when taking a quick look at the books, plus lots of writedowns from the SEC fines and whatever else. https://finance.yahoo.com/q...

Wreckage was interesting...it was their attempt to "slay the Pre-Jym monster" by copying and in their minds...improving...and while it was not bad suppliment at all (they fixed some of the complaints that were made against pre-jym, like artificial dyes, etc) they did it in a very...ill-intent way. They marked down the price fo be nearly 30% cheaper than Pre-jym per serving, and marketed a product with DAA to both women and men.

Pre-Kaged is probably the closest thing to Pre-Jym these days that does not have the artificial dyes, with a slightly different twist on ingrediants..for about the same price per serving point. Wreckage could of been great at the price point they tried to push it at, if they had just removed the DAA and tweaked a few things minimally.

Yeah, well Pre-Kaged has its own questions. As we posted here:
https://www.facebook.com/PricePlow/photos/a.10151309061414137.495100.174210669136/10154295207319137/?type=3&theater

You get 23.124g of active ingredients with Pre-Kaged, yet the scoop is 32g. That's a hell of a lot of natural flavors (providing 3g carbs), malic acid, and other fillers, no???

We contacted them and they said "The additional grams are derived from mainly stevia and beet root powder. Which is used to color and flavor the product."

But that doesn't really make sense. Stevia is used at <50mg max and beet root is typically needed at 2-10mg depending on the product.....

Interesting...so the 3g of carbs is 1g of sugar and 2g of unidentified carbs, possibly from the "natural flavors" which still leaves 5g on the table to account for...with Malic Acid being ahead of the Beet Root Powder on the ingredient list...you figure they are probably ~2g each since we now know the exact amount of sodium in the product on the new label (from sea salt further down the list) is 85mg...else there is something else in the product not on the label...

Exactly. Not doubting the effectiveness of the product. Just unsure what's up with that label. Worth its own article?

It kind of makes sense though...there is a very bitter taste on the backend of the Fruit Punch, likely from all the Malic Acid they have in the product...

Flavoring with just stevia is still pretty tough, even though it gets better every year. You definitely need a lot of help to cover up... so it's def possible

I think if anything needs an article these days, it is trying to convince companies to leave out Agmatine Sulfate and/or Capsimax in the pre-workout genre. There is a fair bit of the training population with a GI sensitivity to sulfates or a sensitivity to capsicum...or both even, and nobody wants to spend the second half of his/her workout in the bathroom, or the rest of the day with abdominal discomfort.

Iron Whey tasted awful? O.o Hell no! I tried all Iron Whey flavors except Peanut Butter and I confirm the flavors were great! I agree with you that considering the name (Arnold), the protein had to be top quality though.. but it wasn't bad. Best thing was flavor.

Iron Whey seems to have been 'reformulated' so many times that you can't even have an official stance on flavor. What you had may be different from what Al had which may be different from what we've had.

Hopefully you can find a good replacement though - a switch back to Combat series might be close to what you're looking for.

This may be true, but someone has the magic. I run all custom blended proteins from TrueNutrition using their stevia-sweetened-only natural flavoring system, TrueFlavor. The flavors are all on point (save for cinnamon bun; still good but the cinnamon overpowers the bun by far too much), and there isn't all the gastric distress many folks normally get from artificial flavors and sweeteners.

Like liked the line, always treated me good.

Waa...Cry me a river for Schwarzenegger, the "innocent victim" LOL. He signed on with MusclePharm for the money, plain and simple. The only reason he terminated the relationship was because it wasn't making his wallet fatter than the $300M he already had. He didn't care if they were selling horse dung labelled as whey as long as it helped his bottom line. After all, he could have had a contract that allowed him to oversee what was being produced before allowing his name on it, but he didn't. He's all about himself and always has been. What do you expect someone who rose under the tutelage of Joe Weider. But go ahead, keep making excuses for a man who could buy and sell you and your next twenty generations. smh